What do you eat for breakfast.....?

Options
jillg89
jillg89 Posts: 23 Member
I think I am all "egged" out. Finished up the last 2 in my fridge and I'm not excited to buy anymore right now. lol

Just curious what other people are eating for breakfast.........besided eggs! :wink:

Thanks,
Jill

Replies

• Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has been my new thing, however it isn't low carb. It's very good for you, so I don't mind the carbs in it. I also sometimes have cheese and lunchmeat rolled up. Quick and easy. What about left overs from the night before? I have been known to have a pork chop or steak for breakfast :smile:

What about sausage/egg scramble...I know you said no eggs, but adding the sausage makes it sooo good!
  • jillg89
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions...I should add some items to my eggs in the morning. I was doing avocado w/them, but I was reading about people adding spinach, onions, peppers as well. I start work at 7am and I make my breakfast at work...I thought about dinner leftovers but might feel stupid eating a pork chop and broccoli at work at 7am.......haha

I miss my greek yogurt too. Is there any brand that is lower carbs that you found? I have been doing Induction since May 20th...I had a few "off" days, but otherwise followed pretty strictly. I want to start adding in other carbs now.

Today I had 4 strawberries...........tasted sooooo good. My first taste of fruit since I started this. Who would of thought I'd be so excited for strawberries.lol
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you're going to start adding in foods, I suggest you continue to do it slowly and stick to the Atkins recommendations. I don't recommend starting off with yogurt though. Strawberries are a good start. If you continue to lose, add a little more of a healthy lower carb food. This is called ongoing weight loss (OWL). If people follow Atkins to the letter, the program will work for them.
    As far as breakfast items, I'm not a huge fan of eggs, so I would have an induction muffin with bacon or breakfast sausage (nitrate/nitrite free), or a couple of slices of Julian LC bread, toasted with butter, which is also induction friendly.
  • jillg89
    Options
    Thanks CocoMa. I do see that you are only suppose to up your carb in take by 5 each week. I will go slowly, but I need to get a bit more creative. I won't add greek yogurt just yet. lol

Thanks for the other tips as well. I will have to search for those other items you mention for breakfasts. I think I saved the Induction muffin recipes, but haven't tried making them yet.
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i love my eggs fried or scrambled but that yogurt is good too with some flax seed and berries. but that is getting pretty far from atkins
  • Bailey532
    Bailey532 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The plain yogurt is lower carb and you can start with that and some fruit in it once you do incorporate it. Or add some powdered peanut butter. It is gross just plain....def don't try it. It will make you want to vomit :wink:
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    raspberries are very low carb I think it's 2grams for 10 fat ones lol.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    veggie omelets.
  • amayzme
    amayzme Posts: 9
    Options
    What is an induction muffin and how do i ;make it?
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    What is an induction muffin and how do i ;make it?

Here's the standard version of the induction muffin or MIM (muffin in a minute)

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal - 8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder- 0.64 net carbs
    1 packet splenda packet - 0.9 net carbs
    1 teaspoon cinnamon - 1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber
    1 large egg - 0.6 net carbs
    1 teaspoon butter

total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug, then stir.
    Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.
    Microwave 1 minute, cool.

You can use it as a bread base for pizza (add in dried herbs to the mixture), sloppy joes, cheese spreads, meats, etc

You can also make a sweet treat with mixing and matching ingredients: cinnamon, sugar free syrups, heavy cream, walden farms toppings, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut flakes, etc..

The possibilities are limitless!!
  • Noory44
    Noory44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The induction muffins or Muffins in a Minute are a life saver, use them with breakfast with cream cheese or put some sliced turkey and mayo for a sandwich. Pretty yummy.
  • Avy1976
    Avy1976 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want for breakfast, it doesn't have to be a traditional breakfast food!

Things I've done:

Leftover meat/cheese/veggies
    Quiche
    Bulletproof coffee
    Flax hot cereal
    Muffins in a minute
    Eggs (many styles)
    Protein shakes
    Flax bread and peanut butter
    Egg salad
    Tuna salad
    Pepperoni stick and cheese
    Veggies and dip
    Yogurt and chia seeds, add berries if you want

I know I'm missing things, but that's a good start!
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on bulletproof coffee! 12 oz. coffee, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp unsalted grass fed butter, and 1 tbsp heavy cream. Sometimes I add a splash of torani vanilla syrup. The fat keeps me satisfied until lunch. I go to work at 5 am and don't eat until I get home between 1 and 2 pm. I merchandise for Frito Lay so I am on my feet pretty much the entire day and lifting, bending, kneeling, stretching. This BPC gives me loads of energy. I just ordered MCT oil to use instead of coconut oil.
  • jillg89
    Options
    Ahhh, Bullet Proof Coffee....I saw the thread on that. Not sure I'm ready for it yet, I like to eat my calories/carbs. So many good reviews on it though. Maybe someday I'll try it.

Thanks for all the other suggestions too. This morning I have the day off of work, so I ate a grilled chicken breast w/some broccoli. Switched it up a bit. : )
  • veronicaissmokin
    Options
    I enjoy a grilled chicken salad for breakfast. seriously. i find it filling and not heavy.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I enjoy a grilled chicken salad for breakfast. seriously. i find it filling and not heavy.

Me too! But had spinach salad topped with baked chicken. The eggs are starting to make me gag, so it was a nice change!