Advice needed

Options
LexyLou_5
LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
Hey

so the story goes something like this,,i was diagnosed last June with PCOS, this wasn't too much of a shock as like many of you i kinda knew something was wrong for many years.

My doctor was rather unhelpful meaning i have had to a lot of research myself. I came off my contraceptive pill 2.5 years ago after a case of unusual bleeding, this then lead me to getting tested for PCOS as i had hardly any periods and struggled to lose weight etc.

any hows forward my life to today ; i have just started to get regular periods - regular being every few months rather than a few times a year. When i have my periods i have a few days of spotting, then one day just in the morning approx 30 mins after i've woke up i get intense stomach cramps followed by an hours (always an hour) worth of vomiting and diarrhoea and intense leg cramps. The leg cramps are worse than the D & V. After an hour the D & V stops but the cramps and tiredness last for the rest of the day. i tend to sleep it off for abit. Obviously this is pretty naff and is causing me get stress upset especially as i am not regular enough to predict when i am going to have a period in order to plan my life around this

My question to you all ; is this normal ? I know this is a symptom of endometrisis which goes hand in hand with the condition., but is this extreme ?

Thanks in advance for your help

please feel free to add me, i am always on fitbit under then same name

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    That doesn't sound too good. I would really suggest seeing an endrocronlogist. The leg cramps during your period is something I have never heard of. But I do get leg cramps from time to time makes me want to see when it is that I get them.
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get leg cramps sometimes, but I've never noticed any correlation with my period. I think its more to do with sweating, If I work out or if its a hot day I sweat a lot and lose lots of salt. I get an upset stomach during my period, but its never interfered with my day to day routine. Your symptoms sound quite severe, I would get them looked at xxx
  • ladypinktulip
    ladypinktulip Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey

so the story goes something like this,,i was diagnosed last June with PCOS, this wasn't too much of a shock as like many of you i kinda knew something was wrong for many years.

My doctor was rather unhelpful meaning i have had to a lot of research myself. I came off my contraceptive pill 2.5 years ago after a case of unusual bleeding, this then lead me to getting tested for PCOS as i had hardly any periods and struggled to lose weight etc.

any hows forward my life to today ; i have just started to get regular periods - regular being every few months rather than a few times a year. When i have my periods i have a few days of spotting, then one day just in the morning approx 30 mins after i've woke up i get intense stomach cramps followed by an hours (always an hour) worth of vomiting and diarrhoea and intense leg cramps. The leg cramps are worse than the D & V. After an hour the D & V stops but the cramps and tiredness last for the rest of the day. i tend to sleep it off for abit. Obviously this is pretty naff and is causing me get stress upset especially as i am not regular enough to predict when i am going to have a period in order to plan my life around this

My question to you all ; is this normal ? I know this is a symptom of endometrisis which goes hand in hand with the condition., but is this extreme ?

Thanks in advance for your help

please feel free to add me, i am always on fitbit under then same name

In my opinion, it is best to stay on the birth control pills to regulate periods. Unregulated periods over long time can cause uterine cancer. I would definitely encourage you to see both a gynecologist and an endocrinologist and let them get you to a place where you have regular cycles and proper medication.
  • LexyLou_5
    Options
    Thanks ladies,

I am unable to go on a contraceptive pill due to me having severe migraines with aura.

yes i know i am falling apart.... :)
  • AbbraKadabra
    AbbraKadabra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also unable to take BC pills bc of migraines with auras. I think it's very scary that I was on them for over 10 years, and despite a medical history of migraines with auras, no one told me how dangerous it was to be on the pill. I finally saw a GYN who told me to stop taking them and has been working with me to manage my PCOS in other ways. I had no idea that combination was a recipe for strokes!
  • ladypinktulip
    ladypinktulip Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing the dangers of the pill and migranes with aura's. I did not know of that. I don't have migranes myself, but I would not advise someone with them to take the pill then.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It is my personal opinion that taking birth control pills for extended amounts of time is NOT good for your body. I took them for 4 years before I decided to stop. I went without my period for 1 year. I have since gotten 4 periods in the last year. Two I induced with parsley tea (I had symptoms that made me think I was ovulating but I never bled so I tried parsley and it worked like a charm) and the last two have come completely on their own...omg...so exciting. lol I'm also 99% sure that it was taking Vitex and Saw Palmetto together that gave me my last two periods.
  • LexyLou_5
    Options
    I too was on the pill for 13 years before i changed doctors as i moved house, and then i had some unusually bleeding. I was advised to come off the pill for a few months, as this was prob my bodies way of telling me its had enough of it. When i had been off it for a few months i returned to the doctors to ask to put back on it and he refused as i have aura migraines and that i should have been taken off it years ago .

I have never heard of having parsley tea to induce periods.... i will research it and maybe give it ago,
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I too was on the pill for 13 years before i changed doctors as i moved house, and then i had some unusually bleeding. I was advised to come off the pill for a few months, as this was prob my bodies way of telling me its had enough of it. When i had been off it for a few months i returned to the doctors to ask to put back on it and he refused as i have aura migraines and that i should have been taken off it years ago .

I have never heard of having parsley tea to induce periods.... i will research it and maybe give it ago,

The biggest thing with using parsley tea is that you must have already ovulated. It doesn't induce your period out of nowhere. But if you are in the early stages of pregnancy you can also induce a miscarriage. But so far it's worked awesome. I usually drink a small pot of it and the next day BAM. lol