Eggs - over them!

Options
Mummyadams
Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
Ok - I am week 2 into my box's Paleo challenge and I am so over eggs. They are causing me stomach issues and I am finding I just can't stomach them any more. But .... what else to eat for a quick breakfast?

Replies

• ultimet7
    ultimet7 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm right there with you. This morning I was out of eggs and in a hurry so I had some leftover banana bread I made with coconut flour, blueberries, and a small handful of macadamia nuts.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I found a website this morning with recipes and one was a sausage made of ground pork and apples. It sounded good. I had leftovers for breakfast this morning. Stupid Easy Paleo was the name of the website. It had some great ideas.
  • tommyprice2k
    Options
    Bacon and Avocado sandwiches. The Bacon is the bread. It's bloody yummy!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Smoothies-- we use powdered egg whites (Now brand), almond milk, juice, or coconut water and random frozen fruit. My preference lately though, since I'm not hungry then, is just to skip breakfast.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I actually don't eat eggs at all (unless they're in a baked good or whatever) because I can't stand the taste, texture, or smell. I really wish I could like eggs :sad:

Breakfast today was leftovers from last night: ribeye, baked sweet potato, and a glass of unsweetened almond milk.
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I posted this message in another group:
    "I didn't read all of the other suggestions so sorry if this is a repeat. One of my favourite and versatile meals (can be eaten at breakfast, lunch or dinner). A Hash. I usually use either some ground meat or a sausage thinly sliced, some grated sweet potato, chopped onions, mushrooms, whatever other chopped veggie you want to add, cooked in FOC (Fat of Choice - I like lard or coconut oil), seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper and some dried herbs, paprika, etc... It's easy to make a big batch at the beginning of the week to last for the entire week. If you add eggs, it stretches the meal even longer... but it also gives you a non-egg option too. You could top with a homemade salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc.... The possibilities are endless, but it such a simple meal to put together. I love it! One tip, don't stir it around too much if you want it to become a bit crispy. I usually shred the sweet potato and other veggies in my food processor because prep is much faster that way and it cooks faster too. It's also pretty darned cheap!"
  • clairemarie1016
    clairemarie1016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd but I'll often heat up frozen shrimp for breakfast.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the sausage! I just make my own, so I know what's in it. Not difficult. :) Or I've just eaten bacon!
  • Sprinkelss
    Sprinkelss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do not have eggs in my diet, I usually eat bacon and fruit or chicken sausage patty (homemade) and fruit. However I remember getting very frustrated since I couldn't do eggs anymore and read something that said "Eat dinner for breakfast" and it really changed how I thought about breakfast...steak for breakfast? Sure. Pork chop with avocado for breakfast? Thats what I had today. lol

If you can have potatoes (I cannot) a morning hash is great...or sweet potato, kale and crumbled sausage is also a great breakfast casserole!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I second the dinner for breakfast.Once you are able to not think of meals as certain times of the day,the world opens up.
    I rarely eat eggs for breakfast and often eat what is left from night before.I also will fast and not eat breakfast and just eat what I like whenever I feel hungry.
    I do love greek yogurt with almond butter,berries,coconut butter and shredded coconut.Great if you do dairy
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I can't remember is Quinoa comes under whole 30 but I know a lot of Paleo/Primal people eat it, that made with Almond milk a bit like porridge is lovely with berries, or cooked before hand, warmed up with bacon and maple syrup. 20 mins max to make too.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I can't remember is Quinoa comes under whole 30 but I know a lot of Paleo/Primal people eat it, that made with Almond milk a bit like porridge is lovely with berries, or cooked before hand, warmed up with bacon and maple syrup. 20 mins max to make too.

While quinoa is technically a seed, not a grain, it has virtually the same nutritional make-up as any other grain. Anyone who is dieting using a primal/paleo approach generally avoids it. People on maintenance can choose for themselves.
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    Options
    Very quick breakfast (which I find I do more often than not due to work stress) is a Lara Bar. I like the Apple Pie the best. Other than that, I really like the hash idea and I have done smoothies in the past which are great too!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You could have dinner for breakfast. Then again I am one of these people who could eat anything for breakfast.
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't do eggs either, autoimmune issues. Here's a link to some fab breakfast ideas and recipes. One or two may contain eggs, just avoid those if you have autoimmune issues. http://paleononpaleo.com/paleo-breakfasts/
  • AnnieBreadnJammi
    Options
    I do tend to run to eggs a lot simple because they are so fast to cook. Today I had sausage and eggs for brekkie. Yesterday I had braised beef, broccoli, brussel sprouts and bacon for brekkie another day I had berries and nuts. You can literally eat anything within the paleo foods for breakfast.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    you don't need to eat "breakfast foods"....I have leftovers from supper. tuna, salads, avocados, steak, chicken...etc etc :happy: