Switching to NROL4W from stronglifts

Options
puppy_amor
puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
Hi everyone,

I am currently doing the stronglifts program and im almost done with the first 12 week cycle. I am starting get tired of the program and same moves and am looking to switch up my routine so my body keeps improving. I have the NROL4W book and am thinking of switching to this program when I finish stronglifts but don't know where to start. Should I start at the very beginning or skip the first stage since I have some experience already.

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have never done stronglifts, but my understanding is that it focuses on the same basic moves stage 1 focuses on. I would recommend starting at Stage 1 workout A5 (skip the first 8 workouts).
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    double post!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The work outs are different. Start with the first NROLFW workout and decide for yourself. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have,
  • puppy_amor
    puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I just dont want to spend so much time in the first stage and feel like I am losing some of the strength gains I have made with stronglifts.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would start at the beginning. Stage 1 includes squats and deadlifts, so you should be able to keep up your strength if you don't drop your weights much.

I frequently do 2 NROL workouts and 1 Stronglifts-type of workout every week instead of 3 NROL. This would help you to hold your strength gains as well.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    I'd jump in on the last couple of weeks of Stage 1 - the reps are lower (than at the start of the program), but it will still give you a good "baptism" period before the FULL SHAZAM!
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have never done stronglifts, but my understanding is that it focuses on the same basic moves stage 1 focuses on. I would recommend starting at Stage 1 workout A5 (skip the first 8 workouts).

This is what I did and it worked out great.