Just joined group, looking for friends who use site

Options
Hello, my name is Michelle. I have used MFP for a while and Livestrong Daily Plate before that. I added some of you but thought this might be an effective way to get some friends. I have a few personal friends on MFP but they don't really use it the way I envision using it to truly help me. I tried adding friends from some neat posts (weight loss testimonies) I read a few months ago and that did not turn out to much. Maybe the Lord was not in it. Then I thought today of searching Christian and found this little group. It is a blessing.

I have not been able to get my profile info to update or the weight loss ticker. It might be my laptop as it is kind of on last legs I think. I have been a Christian a long time. I have had a lot of changes in my life that past 4 years.I got remarried after being single for 8 years which was not my choice. I have been up and down in my weight my whole life it seems. I have tried a lot of things like everyone I guess. I really need people to walk together with on here to encourage one another. I thought of joining weight watchers but I really don't want to learn the point system if I can get this to work for me. Plus it is free. But I feel like I need some connection to others with it. So here I am. Please add me if I did not add you if you would like to.

Replies

• sabbrown40
    sabbrown40 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Michelle. How are ya....Welcome to MFP. I joined this year and really love it. I think it is effective if you honestly do your tracking. I also like the friends I have added because they can really be motivational and encouraging. I am also a Christian and proud of it. I am glad that you sent me a request and I look forward to communicating with you. I completely understand your weight struggle. I have been battling my whole life but really want go make a real difference in my weight. Here's to our commitment to success! Take care and God bless.
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.
  • marty1005
    marty1005 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined MFP and this particular group today.
    I am hoping that message boards will prove to be a place to check in, chat, and maybe find a pen pal or two who have similar struggles and interests.
    I found searching through groups and posts little daunting. I searched Christian groups, but many of them hadn't had activity
    weeks and/or months.
    Anyway, my goal is to use MFP's food diary and exercise log for a little while and see if the accountability of having to publish
    my habits (good or bad) will help me stick with it this time.
    I have a lot of weight to lose. I'm total sedentary and sit at a desk all day. I need to get in shape. I look to God when I'm low.
    Historically, as soon as I start doing well, I stop looking to Him and go back to running things on my own. Thus, here I am,
    back at the bottom of the barrel. At least it forces me to look up again.!
    So, I need a physical, emotional and spiritual lifestyle change. It's a tall order. In case it doesn't seem obvious, I am a very "all or nothing" person. Many would tell me, and rightfully so, trying to change everything at once instead or focussing on one thing at a time, is setting myself up for failure. However, I know without a doubt, even though I can't solve all of my problems all at once, God can. My smartest move is to stay focussed on Him and just hang on for the ride. My goal this time, is to stay focussed on Him.
    Now, let's see how long I can stick with that.!:smile:
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends as well. :)

I'm on week 6 of my journey back to being fitter. I had a beautiful baby girl 2 months ago and have been slowly reintroducing myself to the healthy lifestyle. I also have a 2 year old boy and a 12 year old stepdaughter. Life is busy, but God is good!

I'd love to have some friends on here, who are not only sharing with me on this healthy lifestyle journey, but who share faith in Christ as well. :)
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group guys, feel free to add me or I will add you. We are all in this walk to fitness together and there is strength in numbers. I definitely post almost everything I eat, except maybe on Sat and Sun when days are hectic. I have been on MFP for a long time. I eat to fuel my body, focusing on proteins, fats, and low glycemic carbs and work out Mon-Fri. I have two little ones, 7 and 5. I've been following the low glycemic index/load way of living for about 2 weeks and it has been the best. I eat on average of 2,000 per day, so no 800-1200 calories for me. I lift weights 3 xs a day and cardio 2 xs a day. so far it's been the best work out plan ever. I weigh about 202 and have hopes decreasing the body fat surrounding my mid section more than ever.
  • rogueriverbrat
    rogueriverbrat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me :)
  • MichelleBBeaver
    MichelleBBeaver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Marty, I am glad to meet you. I will add you as friend. I had a VERY stressful week at home and did terrible. I need to get God's help to get back on track. Let's pray for each other today.