Pre gastric sleeve

Options

Replies

• HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    Off t surgery. Really getting kinda scared!
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    Off t surgery. Really getting kinda scared!

Good luck with everything. Prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery.
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    Guess I'm moving over to the post thread now. Just got home. They had to keep me a few extra days because I couldn't stop vomiting. Also, I had a huge allergic reaction to some heart meds nothing to do with the sleeve though.

Words of advice: Make yourself SIP water before surgery. I forgot.. twice.. and gulped and it really really really hurt. Walk walk.. and WALK. If you start getting spasms in your chest or air bubbles walk. I walked after every time i went to the bathroom, and every time I ate. It really helps I promise you!

Bring a robe! So you don't moon everyone doing all that walking. Some nurses don't like it when you wear your own pajamas so a robe comes in handy.

Going to rest now. Hugs!
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    Oh.. and bring a pillow to hug when you go home. The bumps and stops hurt less.
  • kevm1967
    kevm1967 Posts: 17
    Options
    Agree with the walking like for hours a day LOL
    yes its hard to learn to sip but you soon learn gulping is not your friend
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    I can say that I'm really glad I had some of those fruity protein shots to add to my water. Today and yesterday I've had trouble keeping things down but I could keep water down WITH those protein shots in them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FKJLPM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p121_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VBTN80ST7YRDKFZMDHV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

PS. Blender seafood salad is delicious!
  • Charmingirl
    Charmingirl Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi All, I was cleared this wk by the dietician for surgery. She says that they will contact me in about a wk & I will start my 3wk pre diet at that time. Thank you all for the support & I wish you all MUCH SUCCESS!!!
  • tagman25
    tagman25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the 2wk pre-surgery diet now. My date is 6/11/13. Getting nervous and excited. Looking for some support on here. Thanks all, I appreciate seeing other going through this. Makes me feel more normal :smile:
  • Charmingirl
    Options
    You have come to the rt place for support. The ppl on here are amazingly supportive. I wish you much success.
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    I'm so excited for both of you!!!! :)
  • Charmingirl
    Options
    Thank You
  • ymlander
    ymlander Posts: 3
    Options
    I know how you are feeling, I am in the process right now, have to have all of my labs done next then on to the next step. They are not sure I can have the sleeve since I have acid reflux, and I really do not want the Rue and Y... but what to do? It all is making me nervous.
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    Do you have a hernia with your diaphragm? They can fix that during your sleeve, and make it so you don't have acid reflux. Ask about it! :)
  • nickdemarco
    nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all bariatric surgical virgins. I got the sleeve in Nov. 2011 (profile picture is "pre" to keep motivating me), and am down about 110 lbs. My wife just completed her surgery 2 weeks ago this morning, and is healing great. She's down 22 lbs. already. You're all going to do great - just have patience and don't give up!
  • GYPSY85308
    Options
    I'M ON DAY FOUR FOR PROTIEN DIET.....SLEEVE IS ON JUNE 17TH.SCARED & EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME......I DRINK 4 SHAKES A DAY....8OZ OF SKIN MILK 1/3 CUP EGG SUBITITUE AND ONE PACKET OF INSTANT BREAKFAST SUGAR FREE!...AND I LIKE THEM....GYPSY...^_^...
  • nickdemarco
    Options
    Good job, Gypsy! You know how everyone says you won't really be hungry after the surgery? It's a hard statement to wrap your head around, pre-surgery. It can be difficult to grasp the concept of eating only 4 ounces of food at a time, slowly, before the surgery happens. Miraculously, I and almost everyone I've spoken with have found that:

1. It's true about the hunger - generally it's so diminished, that the limits of your diet are not hard to stay in line with;

2. The portion part of it will not bother you nearly as much after surgery as it does beforehand;

3. Slowly is a key, as is not drinking right before, during, and after the meal.

The liquid diet you undertake beforehand seems almost silly when you know you'll have rapid weight loss afterward, but it serves a vital purpose: To reduce the fat in your liver, and shrink it sufficiently that the surgery team has the room and flexibility to do what they need to effectively. Plus, it kick-starts your metabolic weight loss, Who doesn't like the feeling of having lost 10 - 20 pounds pre-surgery? I loved it, as did my wife.

I'm rooting for you, and all visitors to this site preparing for the surgery. See you on the other side...

Nick
  • nickdemarco
    Options
    (profile picture is "pre" to keep motivating me),

(From the post above.) I changed my picture to a post-weight loss photo, I honestly couldn't stand looking at the "before" picture any longer,
  • GYPSY85308
    Options
    THANK YOU NICK...EACH DAY IS GETTING A BIT EAZY-ER...LOL CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SURGERY......10 MORE DAY!<3
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had my informational seminar and now am having the consultation with the surgeon. I am so happy to be doing this! Glad I found this group!
  • GYPSY85308
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN ON MY PRE SURGERY DIET FOR 7 DAYS WITH 7 MORE TO GO ..MET A FEW OTHER PPL THAT ARE HAVING THE SURGERY SAME DAY AS AS MINE (JUNE 17TH)...2 HAVE SAID THEY "CHEATED" AND ATE SOMETHING WHILE ON THE DIET......ALTHOUGH I HAVE TO SAY IT IS HARD, I HAVE NOT!!! I EAT JELL-0 LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW LOL.....WHAT AFFECTS WILL THEY HAVE BECAUSE THEY "CHEATED" (ATE FOOD)???...........AND IS SOUP BROTH THE SAME A BEEF/CHICKEN BROTH?.....