June Week 2 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Here we go with Week 2!!!!

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and give up one of your must have foods (sugar in your coffee, soda,butter on your toast etc)
Cardio/Strength: Do 10 jumping jacks followed by 20 crunches and repeat 10 times.
Water: make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make today and homemade day. Which means nothing premade, nothing take-out, nothing fast-food etc)
Cardio: Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate activity.
Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and try something healthy that you have never eaten before.
Cardio/Strength: do 20 knee lifts followed by 20 tricep kick-backs with 3-5 lbs

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make today a no salt day. Hide the salt shaker and try using other spices to add flavour to your food.
Cardio: do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate activity
Strength: do 12 sets of 10 squats.

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and try to eat small meals throughout the day and close the kitchen at 8 PM.
Cardio/Strength: do 20 forward lunges with bicep curls using 3-5 lbs repeat 10X

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure that your snacks are healthy ones.
Cardio; do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate activity. Maybe play in the park with your kids, take your dog for a walk, yard work etc.
Strength: do some extra crunches, squats, arm exercises to your liking.

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength: take a well deserved day off today.

Would love to know what everybody is doing for these challenges. If there is something specific you would like me to post please let me know. Please feel free to add additional topics within our group if you have questions or need some support. We are all here for the same reason.

Have a great week.

Keep smiling:smile::wink: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cavanerwifey
    cavanerwifey Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the full week in advance, I love seeing it before hand! :D
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am determined to take these challenges seriously this week! Have noted it all down and will PLAN to succeed :-) Thank you for this extra motivation Donna!
  • rosielko
    rosielko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Love the Mini Challenges!!! Thank you so much for all the time you put into this Donna!!! :drinker:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the Mini Challenges.

Monday's Mini Challenge - DONE!

Hope everyone has a great Monday evening!

Chris
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Mini Challenge:
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make today and homemade day. DONE!
    Cardio: Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate activity. DONE!
    Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups...ugh! DONE!
    Water: make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water today. Almost DONE!!!

Hope everyone is having fun!

Chris
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ok so far this week:

Monday: Food: I managed to stay within my cal goal (easy to do when I'm working on stabilizing that). I gave in to my must have that night (frozen yogurt) though. :(. Cardio/Strength: I did it! I haven't done cardio or a workout from a challenge since.. since I don't know when lol. I even did them all, 10 sets. Water: I got that.8 glasses, np.

Tuesday: Food: Stayed within my cal limit. I had to do a takeout lunch though, as there wasn't anything at work (I thought I had, but forgot it.) Cardio: Do 30-45 minutes of increased heart rate activity. -- Bingo. 3.1 mi jog/walk.45 mins
    Strength: Do 10 sets of 10 push-ups - I missed this one :( oops! Water: 8? Yep. I made it to 10.

Wednesday: Food: Within cal limit. Got it. New food? not really, but I had a chef salad from the store that I'd not had before. Cardio/Strength: rest day today- no real cardio other than my all day running back and forth at work (6.3 mi walked today) Water: I made it to 11 glasses.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thursday: Food: Under cals. Don't add salt? I don't add much salt generally. My issue is that I take in food that has a high sodium content already :( Cardio: Run day- 3 mi, 45 mins. Water: 8 done.

Friday: Food: Cals, np. Eat all day? Usually not a prob. Close the kitchen at 8 PM? Issue. I didn't even get home from work til 7:15. But I did limit my eating to just at dinner time and no later (we ate about 10pm). Cardio/Strength: didn't do these today :( Water: got my 8 in

Saturday: Food: Ok I was kinda bad today. Everything was last minute on my plans w a friend and I ate bad food choices. I was over my limit but not too bad. I did not really snack much, and could only eat when everyone was together and brought the food.
    Cardio; I went w my son and our friend and hiked up (and back down) the side of Stone Mountain. About 1.5 mi up and another down.. a steep, STEEP climb lol. Strength: I think the hike/climb was both cardio and strength today lol. Water: I made sure!