NSV June 9, 2013

Options
Enygirl210
Enygirl210 Posts: 27 Member
As part of my journey, I've dedicated Sunday as NSV day in which I write down all the NSVs for the week. SO... for this NSV Sunday: Went shopping today for new running shorts and new bras. I was able to buy a size Large shorts. This is the first time in a VERY long time that something fit over my hips without at least one X in front of that L!!! ALSO - I was measured for new bras - which last time I was measured was about 1 1/2 years ago - and I went from a size 42DDD to a 36DD!!! HOLY COW BALLS!!! Also - today marks day 120 of true commitment and logging on this journey. Being honest with myself hasn't always been easy - but I definitely know I can't blame genetics, health, etc. When I look back at my early choices it's no wonder why I felt like crap all the time... all I was eating was processed crap!

Replies

• Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi!! This group is a fun idea.
    I guess my NSV for the week would be this......I was just taking a look at some pictures I took of myself at the beginning of my transformation. I can't believe the difference I see in myself. Looking in the mirror everyday I don't feel like I've changed that much. Looking at those pictures from 5 months ago I am completely shocked! I can't even recall that I looked like that. Who was the person????!!!! :)
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Let's see...this week I had my one month mfp anniversary. I also found a new excellent walking track yesterday!
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My NSVs for the week...

1. It's becoming more natural to make better food choices.
    2. I'm automatically parking farther away at the grocery store.
    3. It may sound weird, and may be TMI, but it's easier to trim my toe nails!

Have a great week everyone:happy:
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Elizabeth_in_MN Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LOVE the idea!

1) I bought the same pair of pants that I bought in December...only this time they were a size 13 instead of a 20 or 22
    2) I saw a photograph of myself that someone took of me today and I actually did not recognize myself.
    3) I was hit on by two different people this week, and this is the first time in years I have honest-to-goodness gotten that sort of blatant attention.
    4) I saw myself in a full length mirror today and was baffled at my own *kitten*
    5) I was given a cheap towel that was purchased in an 8 pack from a box store while I was traveling...and it fit ALL THE WAY AROUND ME and did NOT show any bits I didn't want it to show.
    6) I am fairly certain that two shirts I wore this week (that I bought two and a half weeks ago) are now too big...and I don't think it is because they stretched.
    7) I went out to eat and ordered panang curry..and instead of eating it all up because it was served to me I paid attention to my stomach and stopped when I was full...about 1/3 into the serving.
    8) I officially cross my legs without effort

This has been a great week!
  • mha1980
    mha1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My NSVs for the week are.........

Parking farther away.
    Seeing a # on the scale I haven't seen in quite a long time!!!!!

Thanks,,,,,,:wink:
  • Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My NSV's for the week are:
    1. Being able to fit into 1 size smaller than I could last week.
    2. Noticing my double chin is smaller.
    Yay for everybody's NSV's. Just reading all of them fills me with happy!!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

My NSV:
    1. I started this last Saturday and really committed myself to eating better and tracking everything and I feel I've been pretty successful with it this week.
    2. I was able to sustain 5 MPH on the elliptical for about 15 minutes at this gym this week. 3.5 was the best I could do when I started.
  • Amber0924
    Amber0924 Posts: 7
    Options
    My NSv is I can feel and see my collar bones this week!
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My NSV

I was trying to reach a goal of 147 (from 167 April 10th)

I'm 149 ( on a good day) but am fluctuating between 149-153 all week... I decided to measure again. I held the measuring tape where my hips use to be (44.5 inches) and now they are 41.5. Look at all that space! I thought. So I did the same with my navel and my neck (where I have lost two inches).

This made me not care about the scale but love the gap between my old inches and new inches. <3
  • QUBYRU
    QUBYRU Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been diligent with watching my caloric intake for the past 3 weeks, and today, my husband wanted to go out to breakfast. I was so proud of myself for being able to push away the plate, after eating only half. That feeling of being "in control" was priceless.
  • sherrihuntsmith
    sherrihuntsmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After 3 months, I can
    * fit an extra large towel around myself with out it gaping.
    * I can walk 4 miles at a stretch. At the beginning a mile was tough.
    *I am starting to see definition in my arms.
    * Eating well has become a habit and foods I used to eat every day have become an occasional treat.
    * My daughter (9) has stopped complaining about our food!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Love this!

NSV:

Not using food as a replacement for people and avoiding things.

Being honest with myself about my feelings about food and nonfood.

I don't have a noticeable double chin anymore! Yay!
  • flrosie40
    flrosie40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOVE this topic! My NSV for the week:

1. I was able to wear a sports bra I purchased 5 years ago, that hasn't fit in 4. Actually surprised by the fact that it's even a little loose!! Wowee!
    2. My biking goal for Sunday was 9 miles - I did 9.98 miles.
    3. I pulled three tops and two shorts out of the box in my closet - clothes that no longer fit when I started this journey. (When the box is empty I get to buy NEW clothes!!!)

Have a great week everyone!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I was able to do some clothes shopping too. But I do mine online. And it came on Saturday. And it fit and looks good.

My first pair of underwear in a long time in a medium. And more importantly for me, a compression, sleeveless muscle shirt so I can show off what I've worked so hard for in the gym. At the gym. We old guys still have game sometimes.
  • ShelbysMama
    ShelbysMama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    During the last month, I've had extreme up and downs in my life. This past weekend my daughter was having swimming lessons, and my boyfriend and I wanted to go swimming with her. (Although I was TERRIFIED of getting in a bathing suit, I feel as big as a house) When I tried it on before the pool, dredding him seeing me in it... I turned the corner of my kitchen where he was playing with my daughter, and he looked up and smiled, and said, "Wow... You look beautiful!" I totally wasn't expecting that. He made me feel encouraged, and it's awesome that no matter what... he loves me as I am. But, it gave me more confidence to be a smaller "As I am". I just love this man :)
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was able to take off my wedding ring for the first time in 6 years! I was amazed!
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The bathing suit that I bought last summer is loose :)
    I buttoned up a jacket that I couldn't squeeze into in December - which is great, since, you know...it's soo cold out right now...
  • BaackOnIt
    BaackOnIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I felt comfortable putting on an outfit that before I was not comfortable in. Looked WAY better. Squeezing in uncomfortably to some old jeans, but they'll be loose soon enough. Making baby steps!
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My NSV this weekend was wearing a knee length in public, I would have never had the confidence to do this before
  • Enygirl210
    Enygirl210 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yay! These are AWESOME NSVs! I'm so excited for all of us! Keep it going everyone and remember that the little changes, the better choices, all the little things that you don't notice day to day - the good habits you're forming are all working together for you to hit that goal. We got this!