Just joined trying to lose lbs recently regained :(

Options
I lost 60 lbs last year. I have regained almost 20 when my Dad got sick this Fall and I have been driving back and forth to help my parents who live 6 hours away. I used WW before but cant do meetings regularly and it is so expenive ( until I get back to my maintanence weight.) I am trying out this website, the e-tools are very helpful and motivating but would like some social interaction for support. I am trying to add workouts while I am home helping my Mom since my Dad has recently passed away. It is so hard when you dont have a regular routine. I have done better today and looking forward to a treat tonight at the movie theater since I have the snack calories. yay.

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi JanetteHR, I am so sorry about your Dad. I lost mine in 2011, still hurts. This is a great place to be for support in the weight loss journey. We encourage one another. The movie popcorn sounds like a good one for you tonight. Enjoy.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Janette. MFP is a great resource and the people are very helpful and supportive. I'm sorry about your Dad. Both my parents died in 2007 and the pain took a long time to ease.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am sure you will like MFP and it is free. I have been a member since 2007 but this time I have regularly logged on since August 2012. Having friends has helped keep me logging on regular and exercising regular too. I have lost 22 pounds since August 2012 and am within 3 pounds of my goal weight. I plan to continue when I get to goal weight so that I can maintain my weight. If you would like a friend, feel free to add me! Good luck with your weight loss, Sorry about your Dad!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi Janette! Welcome to MFP. Sad to hear about your loss. You will find a great group of supportive people here. I did WW many years ago without the success I have had here.I am accepting friends who will eat at least 1200 calories per day, log in daily unless impossible and have an open food diary. I can not accept people who drink alcohol as part of their 1200 calories. If you are interested in being my friend please let me know! Thanks/Cindy
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Janette and welcome. I did WW for a along time, too. I plateaued frequently and really didn't have any friends to encourage me. Since joining MFP a year ago, I have lost 15 lbs--never lost so quickly before. I love this older 60s group because of the shared interests and all the encouragement.

You can add me as a friend if you'd like. I am gluten free, but you might get some good ideas anyway.

Ronna
  • JanetteHR
    Options
    Thanks for responding! Helps t look forward to see that there are people out there who are following and that I can follow
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I Jeanette and welcome....... I was doing WW too but got stuck on the last few pounds ..... came here....I think the Database is amazing - and the support from others is great.....

Jean
  • Mike17534
    Options
    First day for me too. Best of luck!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Welcome, Mike. You'll find lots of encouragement in this group if you are interested.

Good luck!

Ronna
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How Great that you lost 60 lbs!!! I had lost 15 lbs. (very slowly) and when my brother got sick, I stopped loggin in and just let myself go. In five months I have gained them back. My brother is still living, but is in a nursing home. I have finally been able to get a grip on this overeating and started tracking my calories, trying to exercise and drink more water. I just want to encourage you to stick with it. It will work and don't be too hard on yourself. You are and have been under a tremendious strain and grief does amazing things to us. You can get alot of support on this site. Joni:flowerforyou:
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi and welcome to all the new people. This is a terrific supportive site. If you have your diary set to "friends only" and plan on logging in everyday, please feel free to add me as a friend. I have a lovely group of supportive friends and would be happy to have you join me if you plan on being active daily.
    :flowerforyou:
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I too have regained 25# of the 115 # I lost after gastric bupass surgery in 2006. I always told myself that I would "hit the brakes" if I went more than 5# over my goal weight. well.....that didn't happen. Now I have 25# to lose...I take that back...22# to lose - I've lost 3 so far.
    I've been on MFP since Monday and am looking for good support. Someone willing to "kick *kitten*" if I mess up. You see, I was DMII when I was heavy and I am no longer. But since my weight crept up, so has my HbA1c. It's 5.9 now and my Dr said if it is 6.0 - 2 tests (6 months) in a row, he will put me back on meds.
    SO....
    that's MY motivation.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Welcome russlynne. This is a wonderfully supportive group. I joined a little over a year ago and lost 15 lbs. I would like to lose 5 more, but my health care provider says I'm fine where I'm at and should concentrate on maintaining. My BP has come down to normal levels and I hope to be off the meds by the end of the year. I now try to walk for 30 min a day and I also try to stretch and work with my 1.5 lb or 2,5 lb dumb bells a couple of times a week.

This has been a great and supportive group for me and I'm sure you will find it the same. Good luck!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    HI Russlynn, welcome to the group and to MFP. There are so many wonderful people here to help us along the way and to encourage us. Don't be too hard on yourself for the 22 pound gain, it happens so easy and so often. Just stay here, log, do what exercise you can and enjoy the ride along the way! Good luck to you.
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok...new route. Since I've started watching my calorie intake at 1200 calories, I've lost 4 pounds the first week then nothing for the past 3 weeks. this weekend I was frustrated and didn't log in anything. and now I'm back to where I started....177.
    Time for an upset. Instead of random calories(all within limits), I an going to try a high protein/low carb approach. I'm shooting for 100g protein and <15 g carbs. we'll see how that goes.:grumble: