Falling off the wagon...

Options
pandabagpuss
pandabagpuss Posts: 16 Member
After 2 weeks of being rubbish and stuffing my face with everything that's in sight, I am back to MFP! Hopefully I will not fall off the wagon in such a spectacular fashion again so I would really appreciate advice and support. :-) Made it to lunchtime already with only cereal in my tummy so I think I'm off to a good start! :-P

Replies

• Jeaniece1
    Jeaniece1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I tend to fall of my eating plan from time to time also. Lately a bit more than I would like. I think the key is to try not to beat yourself up to much and just try to jump back on track with the next meal. A good friend of mine recommended setting goals and rewards for myself each week to help me stay on target and give me something to look forward to along my journey. I also picked up a Fitbook over the weekend so that I can keep better track of my workouts and diet for the week. It also has a place where I can set goals, track my stats and plan out all my meals and workouts for the week. At the end of the week there is a section that's like a journal and asks you to look back over your week to see what went well and what was maybe not so good so you can focus on how to improve for the next week.
  • CnCStoughton
    CnCStoughton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why is it that we set ourselves up for failure? seems very odd that we all have the same problem! Why so easy to gain and so difficult to lose!
    Let's just continue to help each other!
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Every body fall off, been there and done that and in some fashion still doing it. With me not able to work out, I try very hard not to over eat but sometimes I still do and I'm trying not to get bummed out about it. At least I am not gaining which is a good thing. Do you eat snacks between meals? That truly helps me. I cannot go from breakfast, lunch to dinner without snacking. So i keep 100 calorie snacks in my drawer at work, fruit cups, yogurt plus I drink a lot water, tea, have peppermints, etc. I try to eat at least every two hours to keep it going. At home I keep fresh fruits, 100 calorie snacks, yogurt, etc..

It truly helps because my stomach don't rumble like Pooh Bear's...hahahahahahaha. I can't wait to see the Rheumatologist in a few weeks. Hopefully I can be some kind of medication that will take away the pain in my feet, this been going on way to long.
  • rhonda58a
    rhonda58a Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with the other ladies who have posted. Falling off the wagon happens to us all, the important thing is getting back on.
    Also try and make healthier choices not "diet". I have tried a lot of fad diets and I refuse to go on another diet... This time around I do have my calorie limits, but I also do not limit ANY food... I try and make healthier choices... do I really want that for 200 calories.. sometimes the answer is YES.. but mostly it is no.
    You can do ... I wish you lots of luck.. Feel free to friend me if you want..

:glasses: