FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
7103_538761956180014_687991775_n.jpg

Replies

• PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good Day Monday Team!
    I've been up since 5:55am to head outdoors checking on the pup. He ate a wild mushroom last evening and started throwing up and pooped. We walked around the yard and pulled them up to help prevent another "attack by the puppy". He seems to be his playful self and was grazing on grass before bedtime. It's like having a young child around again.

Anywho...I wish each of you a great start to a new week and I'll update later. It's a strength training day and that poster above reminds me to take it easy with lunges which are a part of this workout today.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hope the puppies fine. I have a busy week with more work hours because one guy is off.

Going to walk before work and swim after. Winds are coming up daily now and that makes a late swim a bit chilly, rest of week will be interesting as weather takes a dive and is in low 70's.

Even rain predicted wednesday we will see.

I've started listening to these apps by Darren Marks a hypnotist from London. Right now doing the diet and exercise one. His Facebook page has a ton of motivational posters if you need anymore!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Pam, I hope pup's okay! :flowerforyou:

Marla, thanks for the tip, I liked his FB page for more motivational resources. :smile:

Today has NOT been ideal for working out. I had lots of errands to do and didn't get time to return home to change into workout clothes b4 the park. Had errands to do during that time anyway, so didn't even get to walk at the park. But it was very hot, so maybe it's for the best. Basically, just got the normal walking with picking up/dropping off my son and also walking with the errand-running. Hoping to get to my bodyweight exercises tonight after my son's taekwondo. We're still running around working on trying to get lil girl into pre-school--outlook is not good but my fingers are crossed. If we don't get in for Sept, I guess we'll just keep looking for openings throughout the year. She's very young, so it's okay---but she soooo wants to go to "baby school". heehee

Happy NEW Week everybody!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Hope pre school works out, I am so far from that!

I ended up jogging over a third of my walk including running up hill some, felt great!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Morning all...going to continue the Plank and squat challenge...up to 1min on the Planks and 105 squats which I break up into two parts so that I do them fairly close together... I have to admit my legs look great after.

Will be taking my mom on her walk it helps her a lot she rest much better when she walks. She has lots of energy...and if I don't help her burn it off she can be a piece of work just like an hyper/ frustrated child...

Oh with 100 squats I burn 204 calories...I have to somehow add this to a workout more often
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I made it back after working out and running into town for a few errands. The pup seems to be just fine and thanks for all the good cheer.

Today, was the first circuit of the CLX Push Phase which focused on the arms, legs, and chest for 33 minutes. For those not familiar with this phase, you do 6-8 reps per exercise slowly using heavier weights than the prior month's Burn Phase.There were a variety of bicep curls, squats (my knees did not hurt), triceps extensions, and real slow push-ups mostly done from my knees today. I can see increasing weights in some exercises the next time this circuit is done. Weight sets used: 10, 12.5, 15

Toni - sounds like that plank and squat challenge are working out for you. That's a GREAT calorie burn doing 100 squats, too. They say that squats are the best all-around exercise for the lower body...better than lunges. Show off those great legs! Have a nice walk with your mom today.

Marla - where are you located, again? I like those 70s temps in your area. We're at 92 degrees as I type. It may be even hotter where Toni lives...yikes! Glad you got in some jogging and walking, especially up hill.

Sherry - oh the joys of trying to get children enrolled in school...not.:smile: Good luck in getting her in "baby school" real soon. I do hope you can get in the body-weight exercise before the end of today.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    I am in a tourist town in the mountains of WA state called Leavenworth. Its a Bavarian German town. Brings. In tons of people but we only have 2500 living here.

It's nly 70's till weekend and back to 80's and by July and aug will be 90's. But it does cool down at night which is great.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pam..,,Yes I am currently hanging with the challenges..and getting a ill stronger.

I didnt get to take my mom for her walk and seriously i know better she is wide awake ..so it's going to be a late night

I did 105 Squats and a 1min plank..then tempted FB cardio total body workout which is only 8 min mind you. I tried to do it in between my Squats...that workout had me sweating and huffin ..lol but felt good gettin back in.

Until tomorrow..

Anyone have any warm pasta ideas that's healthy? I have one but i like it a lot and if my stomach is acting right I can eat a lot..then it starts to lose its health value.