PAIN

Options
So, I have some news that is rather devastating to me. I have seriously injured my back. I think i did on Fridays work outs. I woke up yesterday and could not MOVE. I thought it would be better by today, but it isn't. and I did another workout today and couldnt' even finish it. I pinched something in my lower back. I literally hold my core the entire time in these workouts, and am wondering if i somehow pinched it by doing something wrong. I've tried stretching, heat.. lots. and nothing is making it feel better. Its almost breathtaking how painful it is!? Does anyone know anything to help it?! I don't want to have to stop doing my workouts right now cause im IN THE GROVE!

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've had back pain in the past so many times, i have scoliosis and degenerating disks. Noone knows pain until back pain happens, because it affects everything. Heat is the worst possible thing you could ever use for it, its nice at first loosens everything up but once it all starts to cool off its 10 times worse. So try ice instead. How does the pain happen? Is it when you move a certain way? I know after yesterdays max recovery workout, today i had massive pain in my hip and had a real hard time doing interval circuit. I think it is because it works more of your core, definitely different then the previous workouts. Maybe think about a massage or chiropractor and if there is no relief you will have no choice but to go see a doc. You cannot do the workouts for the next bit, i don't recommend you do because they are really intense as you already know.

**hugs** hon i hope you feel better soon, but use ice packs instead.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I agree with ^^^^ ICE ICE ICE. And you will have to rest. No workouts take some tylenol or IB prof if need be. If still is not getting any better in 2-3days, I would do see your doctor for a check.