June 9th 6 Week Check In

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
We are more than half way there!!! How is everyone doing?

My exercise goals are going better. I'm adjusting for reality--very difficult for a perfectionist. This is a way of life so fad ideas aren't going to cut it.

Tell me out here what do you do for cardiovascular exercise, and how often?

What do you do for strength training?

After reading everyone's posts--is there anything new you may try????

Hope you all have a splendid, successful week!!
Marla

Replies

• autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This week was a little break from my normal exercise routine. I hit yet another plateau so I took a break from "typical exercise" and did a Bedroom Overhaul for 3 days. Enjoyed some cheat things over the weekend and got to go swimming for a bit on Sunday as well.

So now its time to get back to my regular workout routine and hope that my creative body reset will work to start losing some lbs again. For cardio I do workouts on my Wii, constantly rotating the programs because I tend to get bored easily. Right now I do the Wii Biggest Loser one mainly, which has a great variety of workouts from boxing to general circuit training and yoga. I also use my stationary bike which I love for great calorie burns.

I recently just started to do a strength training routine since I really do not like it at all. But I know the benefits so I do strength training 3x a week with a program I found online but modified for my tastes and fitness level. I also have a Pilates Power Gym that I use occasionally.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So my week went well last week, alot of busy time but managed to stick to what I needed to get done for ME!!!
    I even had a loss of 1.6 - I was thrilled with that. I don't do weigh in often - so a loss was good to see.

My cadio is ALOT of walking, I also do a dvd called cardio max with Bob Harper I love has 3 different intensity levels, also I use my treadmill & ellitical - variety works for me
    Strength I have set up a mini weight area here at work - my goal each day is 15-20 of different strength exercises. I hope to go to onto two to three days of one hour of weight work (i have a whole free weight system at home)
    Rest of June for goals:
    1) complete 5 miles walking/running each day for Too Inspired challenge & post
    2) strength train 4 days at lunch break
    3) do cardio challenge on scheduled days
    4) hope for weight loss
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm late!

Sorry I'm late with this weeks post. Yesterday was a tough day emotionally.

So WW is going really well, another 2.6 lb weight loss!

Last week I did not work out. Going to get back to it. I am doing c25k in preparation for my first 5k run in July, I am doing that 3 days a week. I would like to start strength training again, the goal would be to do that on my off days. I am also going to go back to the Nike+ Trainer for Kinect for cardio. If you have an xbox kinect in your house this is a great workout. You can set based on your workout goals, it does an evaluation on you and tailors the program for you. This is no easy workout but it works and you can change it up so you don't get stuck in a rut.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Laura
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For Cardio I do Turbo Fire which I absolutely love its coming along with me on my 6 week vacation thats how much i love it. I walk also since i live so close to so many wonder trails the Columbia Trail and Vorhees State Park are really close by.

For strength I do Spartacus1 three times a week. I tend to change up my strength training routine every so often as to deal with boredom.

When I return from my vacation to St.Lucia i plan on signing up for Crossfit. Super excited about that.
  • cindyreborn
    cindyreborn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Newbie checking in. Getting married in a week but don't want to stress over that short term event. Want to stay big picture focused. My goals are:

Walk at least 10,000 steps a day (been doing this consistently for the last several weeks)
    Spin class at least 2 X a week
    Eat healthy meals and minimize processed food and snacking
    Work through urges to eat emotionally using mindfulness skills rather than food
    Use positive self-talk instead of negative self-talk about my body and my size

Cindy
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Newbie checking in. Getting married in a week but don't want to stress over that short term event. Want to stay big picture focused. My goals are:

Walk at least 10,000 steps a day (been doing this consistently for the last several weeks)
    Spin class at least 2 X a week
    Eat healthy meals and minimize processed food and snacking
    Work through urges to eat emotionally using mindfulness skills rather than food
    Use positive self-talk instead of negative self-talk about my body and my size

Cindy

WTG, and congrats on the upcoming nuptuals. Threw my daughters bridal shower yesterday :) hers is in August. Good goals, let us know how we can support you.
    Marla