Which one??

Options
tschaff04
tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
Those who have completed the whole C25K, what week/day was your hardest to do? Was there one you had trouble getting through?

I am starting week 4 today and so scared to run 5 minutes straight!!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I asked this question awhile ago. At that point, people were evenly split between W1D1 and W5D3.

Week four is hard and designed to be that way. If you're not already slow enough, you will struggle in Week 5 so you're being given the opportunity to learn a slower pace. Also, a lot of people quit in week 4 because they're not willing to mentally progress.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I actually didn't get to start week 4 yet because of weather but am hoping to do so this week. I am terrified! lol
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've completed up to W4D2. I was terrified of the 5 min run. I was sure I couldn't do it. I thought it would break me. It didn't. I managed to do it just fine. So can you. Mind over matter.

What worked for me:
    Run slowly
    Concentrate on your breathing (in for 4 strides; out for 4 strides or whatever works for you).
    Listening to music at a good running pace BPM
    Put your phone in your pocket and DON'T look at the time countdown. Just like a watched pot never boils; watching the countdown makes time slow down. ;)

Good luck!
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Week 3 and week 7
  • likitisplit
    Options
    What worked for me:
    Run slowly
    Concentrate on your breathing (in for 4 strides; out for 4 strides or whatever works for you).
    Listening to music at a good running pace BPM
    Put your phone in your pocket and DON'T look at the time countdown. Just like a watched pot never boils; watching the countdown makes time slow down. ;)

Remember this in week 5.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Week 3 and week 7

Sounds like you really push yourself. After you graduate, you might want to invest in a HRM to make sure your "easy runs" are really easy.