1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons tomato puree
2 tablespoons garlic and ginger paste
fresh coriander
1 tablespoon olive oil
water

1 - Gently fry onions in olive oil until soft. Then add water so it nearly covers the onions to help them soften and leave for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2 - Add garlic and ginger paste to onions and stir until all mixed in, then puree this with a hand blender.
3 - Add the chicken and keep mixing till all the chicken is sealed. Leave for 5 minutes.
4 - Add the cumin, chilli powder, salt and tomato puree and mix well. Leave for 5 minutes.
5 - Add about a tablespoon of fresh chopped coriander and cover everything in boiling water. Simmer for 30 minutes or more or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Make sure chicken is cooked.
6 - Serve with a sprig of coriander on the top.

TIPS
If you want the sauce slightly thicken add more tomato puree, or alittle bit of thickener.
Add the spice Haldi if you want a more yellow colour to your curry.
You can still have rice, just weight it. About 100g is good.

Replies

• joewalkerfan
    joewalkerfan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • SirenDebZ
    SirenDebZ Posts: 6
    Options
    This is exactly how I make my Punjabi curry! I want to start making some yogurt based dishes now or Saag.
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is exactly how I make my Punjabi curry! I want to start making some yogurt based dishes now or Saag.

let us know if you come up with anything :bigsmile:
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!

it is. my friend showed how she makes it but she uses way too much oil for me so we adjusted the recipe, and this is it. :happy:
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Traditional indian curry
    Serves 6-8
    Approximate 290 cals per portion of serves 6

4 white onions cut as small as possible, diced
    5 chicken breasts
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon chilli powder
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons tomato puree
    2 tablespoons garlic and ginger paste
    fresh coriander
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    water

1 - Gently fry onions in olive oil until soft. Then add water so it nearly covers the onions to help them soften and leave for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
    2 - Add garlic and ginger paste to onions and stir until all mixed in, then puree this with a hand blender.
    3 - Add the chicken and keep mixing till all the chicken is sealed. Leave for 5 minutes.
    4 - Add the cumin, chilli powder, salt and tomato puree and mix well. Leave for 5 minutes.
    5 - Add about a tablespoon of fresh chopped coriander and cover everything in boiling water. Simmer for 30 minutes or more or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Make sure chicken is cooked.
    6 - Serve with a sprig of coriander on the top.

TIPS
    If you want the sauce slightly thicken add more tomato puree, or alittle bit of thickener.
    Add the spice Haldi if you want a more yellow colour to your curry.
    You can still have rice, just weight it. About 100g is good.
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump sounds yummy
  • Simone_Marie2013
    Simone_Marie2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds delicious !!!!!!!!!! I will certainly be trying it out :smile: