How Do you count reps on lunges?

Options
M00NPYE
M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
I'm still confused on this.... When you do lunges, do you do all reps on one leg on first set then all reps on the opposite leg on the next set, or do you alternate your lunges until you reach 15 in each set?

Same with step ups?

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I was originally doing 15 alternating but then someone said it was EACH LEG so I guess I was shortchanging the program by 1/2? 15 was hard enough! lol I'm curious to see how most others do it also. I've since upped my lunges and step ups to be double because of my misinterpretation.
  • M00NPYE
    Options
    See... I have been shortchanging also!

But, the book don't really explain this well enough!
  • jkbear40
    jkbear40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I alternated the lunges. I finished stage one yesterday and the lunges are 8 reps. I alternate and just count to 16. It's easier for me to count that way. I still get 8 reps per leg. I was holding 25 pound weights while doing them so its better for me. S when I was doing 15, I was alternating with a count to 30. And you do all sets like that.
    The step ups I did one leg at a time. You are supposed to do the weakest leg first.
  • M00NPYE
    Options
    I alternated the lunges. I finished stage one yesterday and the lunges are 8 reps. I alternate and just count to 16. It's easier for me to count that way. I still get 8 reps per leg. I was holding 25 pound weights while doing them so its better for me. S when I was doing 15, I was alternating with a count to 30. And you do all sets like that.
    The step ups I did one leg at a time. You are supposed to do the weakest leg first.

thanks! So on step ups, you do right leg set, then left leg set, then prone Jacknives, and repeat?
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    either way alternate or do one at a time so long as you are getting 15 each leg.....I asked this question last week, the "vetrans" clarified for me....

thanks! So on step ups, you do right leg set, then left leg set, then prone Jacknives, and repeat?
    Correct! :wink:
  • M00NPYE
    Options
    either way alternate or do one at a time so long as you are getting 15 each leg.....I asked this question last week, the "vetrans" clarified for me....

Correct! :wink:

ok... got it! last question, do you rest the 60 seconds in between left and right leg on the step ups?... (I wouldn't think so but just thought id ask)
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time doing the 60 seconds rests between each set at the beginning of my workouts as it is, but toward the end when I am really starting to feel it it's a little easier to rest! haha!

I would guess NO that we do each leg in the set then rest & repeat.
  • jkbear40
    jkbear40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Step ups I did both legs before rest. In the beginning I would forget to do the other leg before going to the jack knife. I had to write it in big letters BOTH LEGS!!