allowed another human to ruin my day....dumb

Options
Today I did what I know is a tad of my old insanity coming out, but I actually let another person ruin my whole day. Coming out of it now. I've gotten pretty good at recovering from this sort of thing in about 4 minutes and under, but today, I went for the whole darned day being wasted by being hurt by somebody else. Well, not the whole day, it's 7:25pm, and the first three hours I was awake was fantastic! So, it wasn't the whole day, but it was way beyond my 4 minute mark!

The good news is, I didn't have to eat over it. The bad news is, I have puffy eyes and a sinus headache. Tomorrow is another day, right?

I love MFP Pals, they never ruin my day. People struggling for victory, and who have experienced set-backs and failures are some of the most gracious and tender-hearted people anyone can be around. That''s what is here on MFP.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt

Replies

• jessalynn0188
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a rough day! Glad you were able to bounce back though :)
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I understand your situation and am heart felt you actually cried over someone else's stupidity. Here is a post one of my FB friends posted - I think the saying is good for this situation.

If someone treats you like ****, just remember that there is something wrong with them not you. Normal people don't go around destroying other human beings.

Glad to read you did not binge over it - I probably would have. Proud of you for staying strong.

Sandi
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was so sad to hear this, some people just don't understand what they are doing. I can't understand these people because I am not one of them. I have two people in my family who are like that and it is understood between my husband and myself that we don't talk about them at all, that way I have the control. With this program and beyond we need only positive people around us. This has really helped me and I hope it can help you, don't give that person any control over you. Stay strong and be happy girl:)))
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    effortlessly simple!!

don'tsweat the small stuff!

hate it when someone gets under your skin.usually my whole day is wrack.

working on it!
  • caramelcremebrulee
    Options
    thank you, so sweet! :heart:
  • caramelcremebrulee
    Options
    I was so sad to hear this, some people just don't understand what they are doing. I can't understand these people because I am not one of them. I have two people in my family who are like that and it is understood between my husband and myself that we don't talk about them at all, that way I have the control. With this program and beyond we need only positive people around us. This has really helped me and I hope it can help you, don't give that person any control over you. Stay strong and be happy girl:)))

Thank you VictoriousO that is so wise!!
  • caramelcremebrulee
    Options
    I understand your situation and am heart felt you actually cried over someone else's stupidity. Here is a post one of my FB friends posted - I think the saying is good for this situation.

If someone treats you like ****, just remember that there is something wrong with them not you. Normal people don't go around destroying other human beings.

Glad to read you did not binge over it - I probably would have. Proud of you for staying strong.

Sandi

That is so true and so wise!! Thank you!!