Craving Fruit!!! Help? :(

Options
Mitzimum
Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
Hi,

I am on week 3 of Atkins induction (as I have not yet lost much weight) and I am craving fruit of any kind, nothing else carby, just fruit. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

Replies

• bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Berries are fairly low carb though I don't think they qualify as induction friendly. Have you tried adding more fat to your diet? Usually if I'm craving sweet I'm not getting enough grams of fat per day.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open so I can't comment on that, but if you really want fruit, I would have some berries. Fruit isn't part of induction, so maybe you should just go into Phase 2, OWL (ongoing weight loss). Add 5 more carbs per day a week at a time.
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others say about berries (in small portions). Also, if you aren't opposed to artificial sugars you could get some fruit flavored sugar free popsicles or those sugar free drink singles. Maybe put some lemon and/or lime juice in your water.

I would also check your nutrient breakdown to make sure you are not deficient in something. Maybe there's a veggie you could eat that would have the nutrients without the fructose.
  • Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies, great ideas! the last couple of days I tried to eat more fat (putting coconut oil in my decaf coffee's) it seems to have really helped! I'm keen to move on to OWL soon but I have lost virtually nothing so I'm not sure I should...

Oh also, I have just opened my diary so if anyone wants to have a sticky I'm definitely open to feedback!
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree with the eating more fat. :) I find eating a salmon fillet w/ skin cures all of my cravings!