Share Your Favorite Lean & Green!

Options
MCLA4mom
MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
OK! I will start!

For some reason I am loving this these days.

Crockpot Teriyaki Steak

Ingredients
2 1⁄2 lb Chuck Steak (boneless and lean) 2 T Olive Oil 1 t Ginger (ground) 1⁄2 c Soy Sauce 1 T Splenda 1 clv Garlic (crushed)

Instructions
Cut steak into 1/8-inch thick slices. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Place meat in a crock-pot. Pour sauce over. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with “Cauli-rice”.

Notes
62 Calories; 5g Total Fat; (64% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 1372mg Sodium

Replies

• dugrn
    dugrn Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm one of the weird ones i think in that i have salads pretty much everyday with some sort of protein. I do miss using my crock pot though so I may have to give this a shot. In your recipe above..... what is the serving size?
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really like the Shiritaki tofu noodles, rinsed thoroughly and then boiled like spaghetti noodles for about five minutes. I microwave five turkey meatballs and add about 2-3 tablespoons of pasta sauce. You have to look at the labels carefully - most of those sauces have quite a bit of added sugar but the Paul Newman brand is a good one, without any sugar. The tofu noodles count as the vegetable serving, and it's quite a lot of food for days when I'm especially hungry. Most days I eat salad with tuna, chicken, or steamed shrimp.
  • picklel
    picklel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm loving chicken breast baked or grilled with some curry powder as flavoring. Serve with red peppers or a fresh cucumber salad.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good! I want to try it!

Some of my favorites:

-meatballs in tomato sauce with spaghetti squash or green beans or zucchini ribbons (as a pasta substitute) and salad
    -tuna fish salad over lettuce
    -taco salad (ground turkey or lean beef over lettuce, tomato, salsa etc)
    -chicken drumsticks (very satifsying to me for some reason) with grilled veggies or appropriate side
    -lean pork with cabbage (I don't have it very often - on this program I miss carbs w/ pork)
    -steak with grilled asparagus or other veggies
    -cauliflower pizza
    -'pepper steak' over cauli-rice
    -salmon with salad or veggies
    -shrimp with salad or veggies, or a mix of some salmon/shrimp
    -omelets with veggies & meats or sausage (turkey, meatless Morningstar farms) on the side
    -pot roasts minus starches, green beans as a side

I wish I loved the Skiritaki noodles. I didn't try the tofu version though... the other was so fishy it turned me off. I could give the tofu a whirl, I guess, but I like substituting veggies for pasta too.
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Never tried this, I eat chicken most of the time this will be a great alternative!