Daily check-in

Options
runner115
runner115 Posts: 321 Member
I know it's only Day 1 but so far this is group is helping me...passed up a lot of food today that I would have otherwise eaten, just because I didn't want to have to add it to my food log...and just completed my food journal for day...something I have been intending to do for quite awhile but just couldn't find the incentive or motivation! Hopefully I can maintain keep it up for 8 weeks - one day at a time : )

Replies

• wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That's it one day at a time and don't get discouraged when you go over one day just remember everyday is a new day! And the next step to the rest of your life.
  • Cinderellis
    Cinderellis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love the 'one day at a time' mantra. I agree that joining this group is helping me with my choces and accountability. I was up at 5:30 to walk my furry kid, but we stepped outside to lightening / thunder :-( Supposed to be 94 today, so she is too old (14 yrs) to be out in the heat. I will look for a gym activity to do instead, I am struggling as I only slept about 5 hours.

Anyone else overeat when tired/sleep deprived? I am drinking more water when I have an urge to eat and I know I am not really hungry.

I'm travelling to DC for my daughters baby shower. So that means - cake/food - being around my daughter with her dairy queen hot fudge sundae cravings. I will post via my phone and track my food. I am not going to try to be perfect, but to just track everything and walk her furry kid every chance I get!

Have a great day challengers!
  • mamadiamond13
    mamadiamond13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is off to a great start! I keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Diets can get discouraging when you mess up. I don't know about others, but when I mess up a diet too many times I give up and fall back into my old ways. For the past 4 months I've been doing it differently. I'm focusing on changing my lifestyle. That way, if you have bad days, it's ok, because it's a lifestyle change and you just continue on with your healthy eating habits.

Anyway, for my check in... I did pretty well today! Went for a thirty minute walk which was all I could fit in. Final exam tomorrow morning, wohoo.

Good luck everyone.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've been logging everything I eat faithfully during this challenge. Monday I ate well and at a deficit. Tuesday the stress monster reared up and it wasn't a great day for me food-wise, and my diary shows that. I feel a bit better today in that regard and will strive for another day of food that will allow for weight loss. I understand that stress tends to make me want to eat, eat, eat, and knowing that is half the battle.

I see that I'm not the only one who feels like overeating when tired, too.
  • bgpoole
    bgpoole Posts: 10
    Options
    Good morning to all...Don't forget that we CAN and Will do this! I have found that if I MAKE myself enter the food first before opening my mouth, then I am much more likey to eat the right things.
  • bgpoole
    bgpoole Posts: 10
    Options
    Mamadiamond13, I hope you did great on your final.
  • Cinderellis
    Cinderellis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well - no AM walk (thunderstorms) and no gym in the evening, (family portraits) ,but I did eat better and slept better last night. I am exicted for my 4 day weekend coming up. I tend to eat more when I am withmy Daughter, so my goal is to be mindful of my true hunger / thirst instead of just mindless eating. Hope everyone is having a great day! I have tracked well thus far, and will put a reminder on my phone to do it while I am out of town.
  • doompop
    doompop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cinderellis -- Here's an article on why we want to overeat when underslept: http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/04/eating-when-youre-tired.html

"New studies have shown that lack of sleep influences at least two hormones that affect hunger. Fat cells secrete leptin, a hormone that signals your brain to stop eating. The stomach secretes the hormone ghrelin reminding you that you need to eat. Research has shown that sleep deprivation leads to suppression of leptin and increased levels of ghrelin – resulting in a whole lot of overeating."
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Day 3 have worked out 5 times in 3 days......never in my life.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Day 3 have worked out 5 times in 3 days......never in my life.

Yeah I'm the same way I worked out 2 days in a row on some pretty hard to me stuff and walked extra both days and my legs and back have been hurting so I been doing arms and light walking to get in my movement never in my life have I ever worked so hard on me!