Almond Butter

Options
Flmommy1
Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
All the almond butters even the ones in the health food section have sugar listed as an ingredient. Is there a brand out there without or are you guys grinding your own?

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have two brands of almond butter in my fridge right now and neither of them have added sugar. One is the 365 brand from whole foods. The other is Harris Teeter almond butter. There are a lot without added sugar.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I get it freshly ground from my grocery store (Earth Fare), and dry-roasted almonds are the only ingredient. Whole Foods has it in the bulk section as well.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I get the Trader Joe's raw, unsalted almond butter (it is by far my favorite). Only ingredient is raw almonds.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I get the Trader Joe's raw, unsalted almond butter (it is by far my favorite). Only ingredient is raw almonds.

This, but I get salted (I'm a salt-aholic). I've also gotten the grind your own once, but it wasn't nearly as fine-ground. I haven't seen it in the regular grocery without some form of added sugar.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    If you have access to high quality nuts in bulk, making your own is the best option. I do not, so I have to order in Nuts to You raw and organic almond butter. However, macadamia butter is my favourite as I like to minimize my omega 6 fats (high in almonds).
  • Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Headed to whole food Friday will get then.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have Kettle and MaraNatha, found at Kroger in the "Organic Section".
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

A second vote for TJ's. Their sunflower seed butter is not too bad either.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    If you can find artisana,they do a lot of raw nut butters as well as amazing coconut butter and coconut oil.
    I make my own..super easy
    roast raw nuts and put into food processor..process to desired consistency and add salt (if u like).Much better than anything coming out of the jars