What motivates you.

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
I only have a bit to lose so don't have the same motivation as some people, being able to buy clothes from normal size shops or being able to run after the kids, etc.

I find I constantly fluctuate between what is more important- being able to eat more and slob out in front of the TV, or wanting to get rid of my back fat and flabby torso. This means some days I'm full of enthusiasm to log and exercise and then hours later I binge and don't exercise at all. Consequently, I've been 'dieting' for years and just keep gaining and losing the same few pounds.

Anyone found an answer to this?

Replies

• jaz050465
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Britbratkins3
    Options
    Lifting heavy! I mean you will most likely be around the same weight but you will look so lean and trim... Muscle takes less room than fat. :)
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    It's not about dieting..it truly is about a lifestyle change. It comes down to how bad you want to achieve those goals that you have set for yourself. If you really want to reach something then you will do everything possible in your power that will help you become one step closer to that goal.
    May I ask how much you are trying to lose and what your goals are?

Everyone has good days and made days. But it's about having more good days then bad. I know I love my lazy days but only do it occasionally :)

FInd something that you love in regards to exercise whether it be running, swimming, zumba, basketball, etc. It's about finding something you love since sometimes it won't even feel like exercise :)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I suppose I want to lose about 10 pounds. The number doesn't matter but infant to get rid of the fat on my torso
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well the sense of accomplishment I feel when I manage to lose a little bit always motivates me. I get this "yes I can do this!" feeling, like if I've come this far, I know can push myself further. When I don't want to work out I just remind myself how good that sense of accomplishment will feel next time I'm examining myself in the mirror.

My own stubborn-ness helps too. When I'm tempted to eat poorly I just keep asking myself "How bad do you want it?" and then respond "I want it baaaad"

The Old bad habits fade on their own with the more you push yourself forward.
  • earltj
    earltj Posts: 9
    Options
    My old photos motivates me, after I lost the wt. I said never will I get that size again. Now I schedule my exercise workouts and try to do them early in the morning. 5:20 I am at the gym for cycling class. Since I have 10 more lbs to goal wt. I sometimes exercise 2x per day. It is like daily medication to me, I know it is good for me, makes me feel better about myself so like NIKE, I just do it. Good luck to you.
  • nakira80
    nakira80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hit my all time high over the last two years...pants were snug and the baby "pooch" came back. I am recently divorced and my ex has all this time now to train for marathons and he lost a lot of weight while I gained. I don't want my situation to get the best of me. I lost the weight before and I will do it again!

I am trying to hype myself up again to be healthy! I only want to lose 7-10 pounds ...i gained 10 lbs in a month :(

I teach dance and I can feel the extra weight when I move to...
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    At first I was motivated because I quit smoking and didn't want to gain anymore weight and also because I was flabby. I turned 30 and figured I should probably start being healthier and taking care of myself. I just wanted to look good in a bathing suit and not have rolls on my stomach. Now I'm at my goal weight but I want to focus on getting my body healthier and getting stronger. I also have a pooch on my stomach that still needs work so that motivates me now.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    There are days where I want nothing more then to give up. However I find that when me and my boyfriend exercise and calorie count together we keep each other accountable and we kind of make it a competition. ;)
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The end result motivates me. I always think of how things will go back to where they were BEFORE I started my new found better lifestyle if I stop working out and eating better. It's harder to start over and easier to continue.