stage one gains

Options
chuckles9189
chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
This is overdue. But I have been SO busy!
Last week I finally finished stage one of NROLFW! Yayy!!

Final stats:
Squats: 65-->155
Deadlifts: 65--->155
Seated row: 55-->85
Lat pull down: 55-->85
Shoulder press: 15-->25
Push-ups: 15 (sometimes 20) regular--> 15 NOSE TO FLOOR EVERYTIME. (sometimes 20)
Step- ups: 20lbs (each hand) with 1 riser -->70# with 6risers (I think 70-- i used the barbell and don't have my notebook with me. it's either 70 or 80# eitherway--HUGE increase!)
Lunges: 20# each hand --> 95# (or 100, once again with barbell and no notebook to rememeber, it's either 95 or 100).
Swiss ball crunch: 15--> 30 with 10#
Prone jackknife: 15 knees to chest--> 15 Legs straight (this was HARD!)

Unfortunately I had to leave for australia almost immediately after I finished. So I wasn't able to take measurements. I did, howevere, gain 4 pounds as of the morning I left. I'm trying really hard not to think about it and not be too bummed I didn't get to measure before I left. My clothes fit about the same. I feel a little self conscious. I can definitely tell my arms are "toning" up! Other than that, it's hard to get over the 4 pound gain without measurements :(
And, since I'm in Australia, I'll probably not be eating as clean as I'd like to so it will be hard to to note the difference when I get back!

Happy Lifting! Cheers,
Chelsea

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Hang in there regarding the weight gain, remember it's most likely muscle! :wink:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Dang, makes me feel like I might need to step up my game. Good job!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Is this what you mean my prone jackknife (straight legs)? If so, it does look hard and I will have to try it towards the end of stage 1

ProneJKlegsstraight.jpg
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Yikes... and here I thought I was doing well with the knee bending HAHAHA. I've got workout A today, so I'll be huffing right along through these. Hopefully by end of stage one I can do something that resembles this :)
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    Yep. They totally suck. in the best way ever! When I first kept my legs straight I struggled with 8. But after a few I could do all 15 on a little ball. Got my heart rate up higher that just the ones where you bend your knees. and I liked that.
  • beansNboo
    beansNboo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Shoot... I thought I was doing a good job with my prone jackknife. Time to up my game!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    And, since I'm in Australia, I'll probably not be eating as clean as I'd like to

Because we don't have clean food over here?? :grumble:
    Australia has beautiful fresh produce, I'm not sure where you are from but I'm from the UK originally and food is far better here. Enjoy!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    And, since I'm in Australia, I'll probably not be eating as clean as I'd like to

Because we don't have clean food over here?? :grumble:
    Australia has beautiful fresh produce, I'm not sure where you are from but I'm from the UK originally and food is far better here. Enjoy!

I second this! (Pom on oz here as well)
  • chuckles9189
    Options
    oh dear! I meant no offense -- just mostly not preparing food for myself. Probably having more drinks and wine than necessary. This first week has been awesome for food! Australia has some phenomenal carrots!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Carrots??? lol

I wouldn't have chosen that as the best thing. LOL

The wine however, now that's another story. Make sure you have some shiraz from the Barossa while you're here xxx