cravings/binging

Options
teresa7926
teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
I received my surgery date last week - I will be sleeved on 7/1 and begin my 2 week liver reduction diet on Monday. The problem I am having right now is that I am having serious cravings and have been doing a little too much overeating. I know it is just psychological, and that next week I will be ok. I was just wondering if this has happened to others.

Replies

• nfgaring
    nfgaring Posts: 12
    Options
    Its happend to me, for sure.
    But, as you mentioned, your cravings are mostly pshycological. Realizing that is half the battle. The other half is not giving in to it. The psychological aspects of WLS is my biggest concern. Granted I'm only 8 weeks out from RNY but, think about how long its taken to get to your peak weight and then commiting to WLS. Just don't violate your surgeon's orders an jeopardize your surgery. Oh, and don't beat yourself up for it either. Keep with it!!!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I had a sort of farewell to food tour myself. Although I ate some things for the last time, I still made sure I cut way back overall. Just remember, the more you do now, the easier the surgery will be.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And it still happens post-op. But since I have virtually eliminated artificial sweeteners, the cravings for me have pretty much diminished.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Once I knew I was having the surgery, I went on a month long binge and ate EVERY food I knew I wasn't supposed to have.
    It was so bad I packed on another 10 pounds. The good news is once I started my liver reduction diet, I stuck with it and told those little demons in my head it was time for them to be quiet. They still make noise sometimes, but I try not to give in. And if I do, I can only handle a small bite so the damage is minimal. Don't beat yourself up, these addictions are a daily battle.
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And it still happens post-op. But since I have virtually eliminated artificial sweeteners, the cravings for me have pretty much diminished.

no one told me about the artificial sweetner issue til just a few months ago and i am over 2 years out. Do you eliminate splenda too?

The battle of the binge is always going to be there, at least for me. I try to fight it, and sometimes I win and sometimes I dont. But I try very hard to not down myself. I just try to turn it around. I am a stress/boredom eater so i have to keep myself in check, a lot.