Do you struggle to reach your calories each day?

Options
I try to eat as clean as possible though admit I'm not 100% clean :blushing: . I struggle each day to reach even 1200 cals but I think i should be eating about 1300 to 1400 per day!!

I don't eat meat but I do eat fish.

Does anyone else find that you would have to eat A LOT of food to hit your daily calorie allowance?

By the way...kudos to all you guys that eat clean properly...that takes some doing!!! :smile:

Replies

• Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty clean and have no trouble getting to my calorie limit. I usually seem to get there too fast.
  • sparkss061111
    Options
    Strange! I was discussing this with my friend last night. Ive been tired the last couple of days and I honestly think its because Im not eating enough calories. Im struggling to hit 1200! Ive resorted to a glass of raw whole milk to hit the mark. Im not sure of an easy fix.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    No problem hitting my calories. Every once in a while it will happen, but in general no problem.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Add some beans to your salads and eat more nuts and dried fruit :)
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    Thanks peeps. I wad taking raw nuts but then my fat intake was going through the roof! ! Should I not worry too much about that? O do love nuts! ! Yum!!
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You have plenty of room in your carbs macros. Do you not eat grains or wheat either? How about potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, bread, etc...
  • toimisaki
    toimisaki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use nuts, avocados, eggs, brown rice and coconut or olive oil to get the calorie count up where I need it. I don't like meat either so I allow for healthy fats.
    I also set my fat ration for a higher level, usually about 50%! Since I use healthy fats this is not a problem, weight is going steadily down and I feel fantastic. My carbs are usually around 30% which is low but not too low for my body chemistry. Now over 100 days and 30 lbs down, looking and feeling much younger than I really am and that is a real reward.:wink:
    (I'm 52)
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    You have plenty of room in your carbs macros. Do you not eat grains or wheat either? How about potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, bread, etc...

I have started eating new potatos and wholegrain rice but try to avoid bread as it causes bloating with me. I joined the other half yesterday morning and had a fry (nothing fried for me though)...didn't struggle to hit my cals yesterday :laugh: but I am not having a fry each day :noway:

I take comfort to know that you can allow for healthy fats - it suprises me how much fat can be found in food that is good for you!! I am off to hunt the internet for good bean recipes...I do love my beans :happy:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    black beans rock,,,
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Pre planning my meals and snacks help. Nuts and fruits are good for healthy extra calories, as are eggs.
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    I love black beans - just need to learn how to cook with them :smile:
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have trouble staying UNDER my calories!

Whole foods are making me VERY hungry!
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have trouble staying UNDER my calories!

Whole foods are making me VERY hungry!

When you are eating clean, as long as the fats are clean, stop fearing them. They keep you satiated and happy :). I actually changed my macros on here to reflect this.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    New to clean eating! Need as much support as poss with this! Plzzzzz add me xx
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think I burned 4400 calories and only ate about 2200. I need to pick up my caloric intake I suppose.
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    yes I struggle everyday. also I have a new issue. I eat to much protein so I have to find a way to reach calorie goal and decrease my protein because to much is bad for the diet. I do not do workouts right now because it is my belief that in order to workout I must already have a good diet. idk why my protein is so high either, because I don't eat a lot of meat. for most of my meals I don't even eat meat.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I first started eating clean because it all comes down to the fact that if the primary thing you're eating is fruits and veggies, you have to eat a LOT to get a reasonable number of calories. Plus, because I had just started eating clean, my body wasn't accustomed to not getting sugars/carbs. That combined with a low caloric intake was absolutely MISERABLE for the first couple of days.

Be more generous with olive oil when you cook and eat plenty of calorie dense foods like nuts. Organic cheese/dairy is also relatively high in calories (compared with vegetables, anyway).

It's a tough balance to find and it's going to require some playing around.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as clean as possible though admit I'm not 100% clean :blushing: . I struggle each day to reach even 1200 cals but I think i should be eating about 1300 to 1400 per day!!

I don't eat meat but I do eat fish.

Does anyone else find that you would have to eat A LOT of food to hit your daily calorie allowance?

By the way...kudos to all you guys that eat clean properly...that takes some doing!!! :smile:

I went back 4 days and there's nothing in your diary to comment on.