Two Weeks on Low Carb and LOVING IT

Options
autumndragon22
autumndragon22 Posts: 20 Member
I must admit I originally tried a low carb diet out of pure curiosity. At first I went about it all wrong. I believed that you needed to make all of these complicated recipes. At first I was completely overwhelmed. It wasn't until my boyfriend looked at me and stated simply "Stop making it so hard. Just say no to bread and bad food. It's easy." At that point something clicked in my head. I was like EUREKA. So I have been on a less stressful low carb diet for the last two weeks and I am down 10 pounds! The best part is that I'm not constantly hungry for snacks or starving myself!

Now I see that I have a lack of Low Carb diet friends on here. But now that I've found this group I look forward to getting to know you! And swapping tips/tricks/recipes.

Replies

• Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm starting back up from last summer but I could definitely use more low carb friends too. I like sharing meal and recipe ideas. I tend to stay here in the forums, the other groups don't seem to approve of our low carb choices. There is also a keto group similar to this one. I get some good ideas there.

I snapped a tendon in my foot so my weight loss has been slow since I haven't been working out at the gym.

Going to give that a go tonight though, it's been 8 weeks since the injury.

Good luck!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been following the Atkins way of eating since April of this year. I am loving it! I have a public diary so feel free to browse in it.
  • rhondatn
    rhondatn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me if you need a friend (rhondatn). Love the low carb diet! My diary is open as well to friends.
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I really think it's a lifestyle that the longer you follow it, the easier it is to do. It becomes much easier to say no to carbage once you start experiencing how bad it makes you feel after having been LC for a while.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends as well, trying to do Atkins/Low carb too. been off a week and now starting back on it.
  • xerothermic
    Options
    I've been the same way. I kept toying with the idea, but never sticking to it. Hell, I *JUST* realized that half a chicken sausage on a big leaf of lettuce even tastes better than a hotdog in a bun. A few people have criticized my cheese and meat intake, saying I'm not getting enough of other things, but I feel great.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    say no to carbage

***snicker***
    carbage...love it. I think I need to make a profile pic w/ a trash can full of bread and other processed junk with a big 'ol red 'slash circle' that reads, "No Carbage Allowed"
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    half a chicken sausage on a big leaf of lettuce even tastes better than a hotdog in a bun.

If you like that, take a big romaine lettuce leaf, smear on some mayo, lay on a couple thin tomato slices w/ a couple strips of bacon, roll and enjoy your breadless BLT. So yummy.
  • autumndragon22
    autumndragon22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    say no to carbage .

Hehe! At first I thought you where saying 'say no to cabbage' and my heart sunk! One of my favorite dishes is baked cabbage and brats. It is so yummy!

I also found out the hard way about how carbage makes me feel. I had S'mores this weekend during a campfire and today i have a huge carb headache =(. Even with that aside I could only have 2 because the sweetness of it started getting to me. It's amazing how a LC diet makes your tastebuds change.