Replies

• alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yep. Just feel hot then it passes. I guess we're the lucky ones :smile:
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Even my very worst hot flashes never caused me to sweat.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It happens to me during the day. At night, I wake up soaked. I think the blankets on the bed have something to do with that, though.
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Me too. Heat but no sweat. I think I've been really lucky because the hot flashes have been very infrequent.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    It happens to me during the day. At night, I wake up soaked. I think the blankets on the bed have something to do with that, though.

This is me too. I don't sweat with the daytime hot flashes -- I don't turn red either, I go a nasty sickly pasty grey colour -- but I've woken up at night with my PJ top absolutely soaked.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I just read an interesting article that sage helps with hot flashes. Says to drink it as a tea or use it as a spice or for a stronger effect take it as a dietary supplement like a liquid herbal extract. I for one plan to give this a try
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My body tempeture fluxuates all day long. I'll get a "hot flash" that lasts just a couple minutes about once every hour or so. I don't sweat but I feel hot. I'm also getting night sweats. My recent issue that is causing problems is hot flashes in the middle of a workout. I'll be doing cardio and I'm already hot and sweaty and all of a sudden, for a brief minute or so, I feel like my temp sky rockets. Then it goes back to normal.

The other issue (and PLEASE OFFER ADVISE if you have a solution) is that I will start sweating with just a little bit of activity. I dance socially and all it takes is one dance for me to begin sweating. It gets so bad that sometimes I end up looking like I just stepped out of a pool. Please HELP!!!