Training week of 6/9 - 6/15

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Post away at accomplishment, fails, plans, new exercises, etc for the week. :)

Replies

• RoseTears143
    Options
    Well, yesterday's long run was extremely frustrating for me. I only ran 3 of my 5 miles, and walked about 2.7 more with off/on jogging. It was very humid and I couldn't breathe. I swelled up like crazy, my hands looked like I had sausage fingers lol. Ugh!!!

I'm thinking about going to the doc for possibly getting an inhaler to keep with me when I run. We will see. I do know I won't be doing day time runs if I can avoid it anymore though for summer. Either early morning or after the sun gets lower in the sky. I did that 4.7 miles in 1:11:00.

My competitive nature did not like that I couldn't do my run the way I wanted, but I'm over it now. All part of the training process!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I hope y'all are having a good training week so far :)
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh no RoseTears, so sorry to hear about your run yesterday! I know how frustrating it can be when it doesn't go as planned. Humidity is hard to run in so congratulate yourself for just being out there. We all have good runs and bad runs and at least this one is completed and in the books.

I accidentally posted my run yesterday on the previous thread.

I was able to do the race I wanted to yesterday and my time was 24 minutes than last year. It was a trail run on the ski mountain but they had shortened it by .8 so can't completely compare my last year's time but I had a faster pace overall.

I have my Tough Mudder race on Saturday so I will be taking Friday off.

Today's class was really good. We had to do 3 rounds of 15 toes to bar, 30 squats and 20 single arm overhead lunges (20 pound dumbbell) then run 1.25 miles, 64 TRX pull-ups, 64 situps, 48 pushups, 24 box jumps, 24 burpees, 24 thrusters (only used 30 pounds), 16 reverse burpees.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Oh no RoseTears, so sorry to hear about your run yesterday! I know how frustrating it can be when it doesn't go as planned. Humidity is hard to run in so congratulate yourself for just being out there. We all have good runs and bad runs and at least this one is completed and in the books.

I accidentally posted my run yesterday on the previous thread.

I was able to do the race I wanted to yesterday and my time was 24 minutes than last year. It was a trail run on the ski mountain but they had shortened it by .8 so can't completely compare my last year's time but I had a faster pace overall.

I have my Tough Mudder race on Saturday so I will be taking Friday off.

Today's class was really good. We had to do 3 rounds of 15 toes to bar, 30 squats and 20 single arm overhead lunges (20 pound dumbbell) then run 1.25 miles, 64 TRX pull-ups, 64 situps, 48 pushups, 24 box jumps, 24 burpees, 24 thrusters (only used 30 pounds), 16 reverse burpees.

Yea I was pretty peeved for a bit but got over it lol...and my poor swollen hands went back to normal :)

I'm so excited for you to do your TM!!!!!
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Rose Tears, I hope your runs got better this week.

With TM on Saturday and my right knee bothering me, I have been taking it easy this week. I took Tuesday, Thursday and today off.

My workout on Wednesday was 36 burpee pull-ups, 36 frog jumps, 36 plyo one clap push-ups, 800 m sprint, 1 lap bear crawl, 60 push-ups, 30 DB swings 25lbs, 100 wall balls and 100 situps.

I am so nervous about this weekend! The water is going to be so cold!

Happy Friday!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Rose Tears, I hope your runs got better this week.

With TM on Saturday and my right knee bothering me, I have been taking it easy this week. I took Tuesday, Thursday and today off.

My workout on Wednesday was 36 burpee pull-ups, 36 frog jumps, 36 plyo one clap push-ups, 800 m sprint, 1 lap bear crawl, 60 push-ups, 30 DB swings 25lbs, 100 wall balls and 100 situps.

I am so nervous about this weekend! The water is going to be so cold!

Happy Friday!

Good luck to you!!! I can't wait to hear about it...

I actually haven't gone on a single run this week :( My 3 1/2 yr long relationship died this week, and I haven't been able to eat enough to have energy (or the mental focus) to work out at all. It's been a tough 4 days on me. I'm hoping to get back on track this upcoming week though.