Still sore from Stage 1 workout A1 - should I do B1 today?

Options
hskriver
hskriver Posts: 33 Member
Hi everyone! I just started this program on Wednesday and loved my first workout. I've done some weightlifting in the past (somewhat heavy, but very targeted muscle movements), but this routine had my heart rate up and I was sweating like crazy (almost as much as I do on a 2-3 mile run). I was planning to do workout B1 on my lunch today, but I'm still a little sore from A1. Would it be better for my muscles if I waited for the soreness to fully go away? Want to make sure I'm giving my body the proper recovery time.

Replies

• RRRobynnn
    RRRobynnn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through Stage 2 and have found that I always have some level of soreness lingering from my last workout. I think as long as you can perform the lifts with proper form, you'll be fine. You may actually feel better after a good workout...or you won't notice the pain because something new will be hurting. ;)
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I asked this very same question last Friday because I had some pretty rough DOMS from my Wed workout last week. I decided to do a good stretch warm-up and push through, and by the end of set 1 of my squats I was feeling awesome and had increased my weight in almost every lift by the time my workout was done! Invest in a foam roller if you don't already have one, I have mine on order now, they can help to work-out some serious muscle soreness! I just finished week 2 about 30 minutes ago, and I feel amazing, can't wait until Monday to start week 3! Time to go make my protein shake!

Best of luck & keep pushing! :bigsmile:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes. There is a difference between sore and injured. If you are sore the best way to fix it is to keep moving, if you are injured the best way to fix it is ice and rest. Either way hit up the advil, sweet potatoes, spinach, and protein. Keep moving. Go for walks, but keep moving.