Hello Ladies and New Challengers!

We've been a bit dead in this group.. although I know I've loved the motivation from seeing you all in my feed!

Since we will likely have some new members soon (I hope)... any tips from the veterans?

I think my biggest food tip is make sure you eat enough- so instead of 2 big meals, try and break it up during the day. I find that when I eat every couple of hours.. I feel so much better and I am so much happier and more focused. :)

Replies

• jenluz
    jenluz Posts: 1
    Hi -- thanks for opening this up for us new challengers! Can't wait to hear all your great tips!
  • bres1013
    bres1013 Posts: 1
    Thanks Stephanie! I was happy to see this because I thought I might be doing it wrong. My belly is happiest when I eat a little bit all day and avoid that "really full" feeling. Glad to know that as long as I get to my number, it's all good!
  • welcome :)

Feel free to stalk everyone's food diaries! @bres1013- I am the same way- I like to eat a lot of snacks. You can definitely snack healthy or have a lot of smaller healthy meals!
  • Thanks for starting this. This is my first challenge and I love reading the board on Facebook and will definitely love joining this group too!
  • Hi! Not new to B9, I have done 2 challenges but am trying out the "raise the barre" this time! I just joined the fitbit bandwagon so I figured I would join myfitness pal as well so they could sync! Excited to see how this helps my progress! If anyone has any tips, I would love to hear them. Still figuring out my new fitbit zip!
  • Dafne2020
    Dafne2020 Posts: 10
    Welcome new ladies! My name is Lauren Penna for those of you that don't know me. I posted this to you Katie, but I would LOVE to see everyone's food diarys too! (Isn't that part of our accountability ?!?!?!) Here's how to do it.....
    1. Go to SETTINGS (top of your page)
    2. Go to Diary Settings
    3. SELECT Friends Only

Some advice...
    FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT.....this was sooooo important for me....you've invested in your health already, invest in this....
    GET A FOOD SCALE! My perception of portion sizes was WAY off. ALSO, MAKE your measuring cups(from the smallest 1/2tsp to 1cup) ALWAYS accessible! USE THEM REGULARLY FOR EVERYTHING. I'm a ketchup-a-holic....2 tbsp's adds up when you think you are using 2, but it's actually more like 8.
    TAKE time to really plan your food...taking time to log can be a little challenging at first, but as you go, it becomes way easier! DEF use the scanner option when available.
    TAKE SOME TIME TO Scroll through other members journals.....Seeing what other people ate, and how they snacked, gave me some wonderful ideas, which truly inspired me to start to cook. (Was pretty terrible pre-B9 hence dining/ordering out constantly)
    WHiCH leads me to my next point.....you cannot rely on knowing the exact calories when you eat out.....pick and chose where you go and PLAN ahead!

Logging my food is going to be a continued way of life for me....it is a part of me, I hold myself accountable....just like taking barre classes, drinking enough water and getting my 15,000+ steps a day! Best of Luck! Happy Logging!
  • Dafne2020
    ONE MORE TIP: Find yourself a handy kitchen measurements conversion chart.....for wet and dry stuff....totally made my life easier when logging. ex....2 tablespoons= 1 oz or 8 fluid oz= 1 cup etc etc....
  • Dafne2020
    WAS great to meet you the other day! How's everything going so far Katie? How was your "raise the barre" package? do you go 2,3 or 4 classes/week? Do you have set classes you take? Or do you generally switch it up?
  • Dafne2020
    How was your first challenge?!?!?! :)