1st Half Completed!

Options
xcmum
xcmum Posts: 136
I got 1:57:54. Really happy to be under 2 hours. I was following the guy with the 1:50 pace balloon but lost him before the 10k mark. I felt fine for the first 5k then between that and about 8k i hit a wall. Felt like i had been running for hours. Must have lost focus. Anyway a good race for my first. I was scared i would need a toilet break or a few during the race but didn't have to stop for one at all :)

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Awesome first half! Heck, awesome any half!! Great job, you shoud be thrilled!
  • rayray1851
    rayray1851 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome! I'm just shooting for 2:30 for my first half... What training program did you use?
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks guys! I did the one they had on the marathon website. It was time based (like 30 min easy run) Next day would be 45min easy kinda thing and i ran 4-5 days a week.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Awesome time!! My first was 2:36, my second was 2:08 and I am really hoping to get under 2 hours for my next one.
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    fantastic time - nicely done!
  • kenleyj
    kenleyj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Awesome time for any Half but especially your first. So many runners out there just trying to break that 2:00 hour mark. Again, Great job.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Your time was amazing. That's a fantastic achievement for anyone first time or not. You did a great job.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing time...excellent job!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should definitely be proud of yourself.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Just ran my third half today. Slowest time of the three, but there were lots of 75% uphill grades and a headwind part of the time, it was a really tough run! Even if I didn't improve my time, I was really proud of how hard I ran.