Level 1 - Feedback!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Shelled-
    If your talking about the lunges with bicep curls, you are suppose to keep your front knee stable and do NOT bend over your toes leaving it at a 90 degree angle. The back leg you are suppose to just lift straight up & down getting as close to the ground with your knee as you can without hurting yourself.

Hope that helps!:smile:
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 3

Just completed my level 1 for today. Taking it better than I expected - I suppose that's my endurance kicking in. By the last round of cardio, I was literally kicking myself in the *kitten* unlike the first 2 rounds where I was keeping it to Anita's level and not really butt-kicking.

Still having some issues with the side lunge which I assume has to do with my posture/form? Is my *kitten* supposed to stick out when lunging? Like doing the dumbbell rolls? So it's bend knee + stick out *kitten* at the same time while bicep-curling?

yeah i think thats what she is meaning to kinda push your butt out as you go down to the side and raise your arms thats what i try and do anyway , hope that helps :smile:
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 4

Hmmmm, not that much easier, still can't do even girl push ups and the lunges with the raised arms in circuit 1 still kick my *kitten*! My arms are extremely week! I can't do any of the arm exercises without feeling like my arms are toothpicks that are ready to break! Positive side, ab exercises are definitely getting better! Managed to do the whole set of bicycle crunches without stopping(not that it was easy!!!) never stopped for water today, just stopped twice with those 1st raised lunges. And I may be fooling myself here but I think that the fat just below my boobs is slowly going away! :happy:

So how are you all doing today?
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5

Feeling good today! Woke up feeling slim so actually quite looked forwards to the shred. I do it in the morning so that I'm burning fat (hopefully!) instead of food.

It's not exactly easier but I'm getting there a little bit at a time. Pushing myself harder. I hate circuit 1, the push ups, jumping jacks and skipping rope jumps are an awful combination. But luckily that gets over and done with quickly!

Really, really wish I could do both full circuits of push ups but I can't. I keep going with normal ones as long as possible and then switch into the easier version. Today I gave up just before the end of the circuit (both times) so hopefully I'll be able to do the full set tomorrow!

Hope it's going well for everyone else :)
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done !! that first circuit is still killing me but pushing through it and the other 2 seem to be getting better using heavier weights for half of the exercises and was really sweating today looking forward to day 10 to do measurement but then scared for level 2 :smile: i have not even looked at it yet , have a great day everyone xx
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 complete- I'm already really impressed with the improvements I've made. The way the programme is put together seems to really show you how you get a little better each time.

I'm starting to find the cardio easier, although jump rope still makes me very unhappy. I also woke up this morning without any aches or pains for the first time since starting.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 complete- I'm already really impressed with the improvements I've made. The way the programme is put together seems to really show you how you get a little better each time.

I'm starting to find the cardio easier, although jump rope still makes me very unhappy. I also woke up this morning without any aches or pains for the first time since starting.

Awesome! that hardest part is over for you :)
  • shelled
    shelled Posts: 31
    Options
    yeah i think thats what she is meaning to kinda push your butt out as you go down to the side and raise your arms thats what i try and do anyway , hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for replying :D I was hoping I got it right. Still can't keep up with the video on this because I'm trying to watch my form/posture and not end up taxing my curved spine!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D8 and for some reason today hurt! I had just been telling my husband how it was getting easier and that I might move up early! Maybe I was just having an off day? Guess I will just wait till day 10 to move up, just to be safe.

Also, anyone else have trouble with the jumping jacks and jump rope because of large breasts? Any suggestions on easing that? I am currently breastfeeding and my boobs are huge, I wear 2 bras but the jumping is killing my back!
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    I just finished L1D8 and for some reason today hurt! I had just been telling my husband how it was getting easier and that I might move up early! Maybe I was just having an off day? Guess I will just wait till day 10 to move up, just to be safe.

Also, anyone else have trouble with the jumping jacks and jump rope because of large breasts? Any suggestions on easing that? I am currently breastfeeding and my boobs are huge, I wear 2 bras but the jumping is killing my back!

I feel your pain! My suggestion is to invest in a super good sports bra. My sports bra is actually too small for me, but it works to my favour. There's still bounce but they're strapped in there as best as they can be!
  • LindieLu79
    LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today will be Level 1 day 7. I was sore after day 1 that I had to 2 days off from 30DS. I figured that if I couldn't give it my all that I would just wait until I could. I was using a 3 pound weight and a can of black beans for my weights (couldn't find my other 3 pounder)... and felt that it was doing absolutely nothing.. so I purchased 5 pound weights.. wow, that made a huge difference!! Kind of crazy what a difference a small change in weight will do. i'm still struggling to jump rope after the jumping jacks.... that's the worst part for me. I find myself not sweating as much as I did the first couple of days. A few more days and I'll be moving onto level 2!
  • AngelinaB79
    AngelinaB79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd bump this as I am doing level 1.
    I have completed Day 2 yesterday and found it a little easier than day 1.
    The jumping jacks are killing me though.
    I get so out of breath and my legs go to jelly but pushed through them and at least completed the workouts.
    Off to do Day 3 later, going to add back in my usual workout too today I think.