Just wanted to say hi,

Options
Hi Everyone!

I started the 30 day shred on Friday. Today is my 3rd day. I joined the group for a bit of support really. I am feeling positive and a bit sore!

How is everyone doing with the shred?

Thanks for reading.:smile::happy:

Laura

Replies

• CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find trhis a very supportive group. I'm on level 3 now, and this group has really helped me keep going! Keep up the great work!
  • loubielou85
    Options
    Thanks! How did you find the levels? Are you happy with your results so far? I can't wait to see the results at the end! What made you decide on doing the 30 day shred?

X
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    I hated all levels the first few workouts! I start each level by doing mostly Anita moves, and add a Natalie move each day. I did level 2 for 12 days as I didn't feel I had mastered enough moves. I don't do the workout everyday, usually just 4 times a week. I'm working on maintaining now, and have been happy with my results. My legs have firmed up and I have ab defintion now. I love that I don't feel as much 'jiggle' now!

I decided to do 30DS after seeing others results on MyFitnessPal. I like Jillian, too. Sometimes the banter going on with her girls is annoying, but she seems to know when you're ready to rest and talks you through it.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome to the 30 day shred:) lol
  • loubielou85
    Options
    Thanks :-) I'm on day 4 and I was able to do some of the difficult workouts on level 1 so I'm happy with myself.

I was wondering did you just do the shred or did you do other workouts as well? Also did you have any rest days?
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    I take rest days, but don't count them towards the 30 days. It will take me almost 7 weeks to finish the 30 days. On days I don't do the 30DS workout, I do cardio (run, walk, eliptical) and some ab exercises. On days I do the workout, I try to get in a 30 minute walk or (slow) run as well. Basically, I try to get in 60 minutes of exercise, 6 days per week. (My cardiologist's orders!)

Congrats on doing some of the tougher moves!
  • loubielou85
    Options
    Wow you do a lot! I was thinking of doing more stuff at home, I have also joined something called legs, bums and mums in the local park. I want to lose at least 66lbs. I've lost 17lbs so far. I know it's a lot to lose but I've had enough of being big!
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Shred. I've been meandering my way through it since the end of April. The most I do it is 3 days a week in part due to knee and back problems. I've been swimming 2 days a week as well and on weekends, I'm very active with outdoor chores. So, I've had lots of rest days and I did Level 1 probably 15 times before I moved onto Level 2. I've tried to complete 30DS before but couldn't get through L2. This time I was doing L1 with 5lb weights and that got me strong enough to be able to do L2! I've done L2 8 times and will do it between 2 and 5 more times before moving up to L3. It's a little rough on my knees but I feel like it works my whole body and has been great in toning up my tummy. Good luck!
  • loubielou85
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have just finished level one! I weighed myself this week and I hadn't lost any weight so I was a little demoted on Friday but I kept at it and measured myself today. I have lost 5.5 inches on my body from level 1 :-)

Hope everyone is doing well with their shreds and having a lovely weekend!

Xx
  • AngelinaB79
    AngelinaB79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have just finished level one! I weighed myself this week and I hadn't lost any weight so I was a little demoted on Friday but I kept at it and measured myself today. I have lost 5.5 inches on my body from level 1 :-)

Xx

Well done for loosing those inches.:-)

The lack of weight loss on the scales is most probably because you have started to build muscle.
    Forget the scales, I now have mine put away and planning to weigh myself on the first of the each month.
    I haven't weighed myself since 1st June and I am DESPERATE to see what the scales will say.
    Each month I also measure and do BF% with callipers.

Keep up the great work.
    I'm on L1 D3 today.
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Xx

Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • loubielou85
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-)

I just started level 2 and omg it burns! Level 1 was never like this even at the beginning. Anyone got any advice or tips for level 2.