Day 1 Started 6/7/13

Options
fitzfam2009
fitzfam2009 Posts: 19 Member
I could use some support! Anyone start recently?!

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing....the only advice I can give is to push through the uncomfortable feeling. If you can get past Day 4 of level 1, then you're bound to succeed at Jillian's program :)

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress :)

Check out www.30dsresults.com for some motivational pics!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yes, I did day 1 level 1 yesterday! I'm doing it on Youtube - do I do the same workout for 10 days? then move on to level 2?

I didn't find it too difficult to be honest - it's actually a bit less than my own routine. I'm worried there isn't enough in it for my abs. (I guess I really should give it more time though before criticising!)
  • quietHiker
    Options
    Yup! You do level 1 for 10 day, and by day 10 you'll feel like you need something new, which is perfect timing because then you can move on to level 2 for 10 days.....and then level 3 :)

Wait until level 2 for abs :) She'll get you there....and then really get you in level 3 :)
  • jacquiroxx922
    jacquiroxx922 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started today, so I'm 5 days behind you. We can support each other :)
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    Just finished level 1, day 2. I started this program last year (only made it halfway through level 2, then quit)-- I remember being much more sore after the first day than I am now. I'm in much better shape this time around, and I can really tell. Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • jakkisr
    Options
    Me too, level 1 day 2. It's good, a bit hard on the knees and not enough ab work .... Yet! I may do just 5 days on this then move on to level 2 as I'm on a deadline to shift jelly belly, my legs are in pretty good shape though these squats sure work my posterior!
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    I actually did the first day of 6 Week 6 Pack yesterday after I did 30DS to supplement abs. But I already do a lot of core work because I'm a distance runner, so I'm okay without having the added ab stuff in 30DS. I have heard abs get better in level 2 :)
  • jakkisr
    Options
    Is the 6'week ab pack on YouTube or online somewhere? That sounds like a good plan to add for my problem area - my legs are good so I'd kind of like to add a bit more abs to complete my workout on the shred and work even harder on the old waistline to prep for level 2.
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    Finished level 1, day 3. Hope you don't mind my posting here everyday. Helps me feel accountable! Haha. I also took my husky on a long walk this morning and played with her in the back yard :) Not a lot of calories, but I'm still resting after my half marathon, so I can't get any good runs in this week :(

As for 6W6P, level one is on YouTube. You're supposed to do level 1 for 3 weeks and then level 2 for 3 weeks. I was just going to buy it or download it when I was ready for level 2, but I'm cutting it out because on top of the shred and, in July, marathon training, I don't want to over train.

Here's the link to 6W6P level 1-- http://youtu.be/ZJ8Zdj0OPMI
  • jakkisr
    Options
    Thanks Jacqui! I'll check it out ... I've got 4 weeks to get my beach body (it won't be perfect but I'll know I've put the effort in!)
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    I have the same goal right now- just work on my beach body. I'm going to Myrtle Beach at the end of July and then to Virginia Beach for Labor Day (doing the Rock N Roll Half Marathon). I know I won't be perfect, but at least I'll know I did my best. And obviously I know this isn't a "quick fix." I've done a complete 180 with my lifestyle and have been eating clean and doing other workouts as well. Will start running again this week (took a week off after my half marathon last weekend), so that will probably help boost my efforts too.

Will post again when I finish shredding today. I've been lagging today because my weekend is so unstructured.
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    Finished day 4. It's getting easierrrrr!
  • jakkisr
    Options
    I don't like level 1 so I've now done day 2 of level 2 ... So that's 4 days altogether! I love the exercises in level 2, much more interesting and appropriate for the areas I need to work on (waistline, abs, upper body) - whichever level, those 20 minutes certainly give a good workout! Phew!
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    Finished level 1, day 5.

I'm just gonna continue the program the way I am so I don't confuse myself with other workouts too haha- I'll get to level 2 in a couple days :p Glad level 2 is working for you!!
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    Level 1, day 6 complete. Feeling good :)
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    I took a rest day yesterday because I ate something that made me super nauseous. Anyway, I'm back now & just finished Week 1, Day 7. Today was the first day I did every exercise without any kind of pause or break.
  • jakkisr
    Options
    Great work jacqui! I've had a 3 day break and am back on it today! I couldn't manage it along with a big office move where I've been packing paper, books etc and lifting heavy crates. It's quite amazing how much she packs into 20 minutes and how tough it is! (And I think I'm quite fit ... Yeah right lol!)
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options
    I completely understand- I just left my job as a preschool teacher! You never realize how much carrying around 2-year-olds all day really makes you tired until you try to do a workout when you get home haha. Glad I switched careers! Hope your move went well!!

I just finished level 1, day 8 and I'm sooo ready for the next two days to be over because I'm beyond tired of being able to recite this workout word-for-word :p
  • quietHiker
    Options
    I just finished level 1, day 8 and I'm sooo ready for the next two days to be over because I'm beyond tired of being able to recite this workout word-for-word :p

LOL!!! I know how you feel. You'll love level 2 and then feel the same way around day 8 :) and then level 3 will kick your butt! :)
  • jacquiroxx922
    Options

LOL!!! I know how you feel. You'll love level 2 and then feel the same way around day 8 :) and then level 3 will kick your butt! :)

Haha- Oh no!! I didn't even think about having level 2 memorized as well!! Ugh!! haha

Level 1, Day 9 finished. Only one more day, then moving onto level 2!