FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
20130207085118-motivate_others.jpg?1360227075

Happy Father's Day!

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day today!

Being Father's Day, I will be doing whatever my husband wants to do. Last night he said he'd like to keep it similar in pace to yesterday. Yesterday, I walked the kids downtown to McDonald's and then over to the playground and then my husband met us there with his bike. He pushed our son around on his bike a little. After the park, we walked back to our neighborhood for froyo for the kids. For all that, I tot-carried in the sling, instead of strollering (so I did get a little bit of workout...probably a total of between 3-4miles of tot-carrying)

We'll see how today takes shape.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hello, since my husbands daughter is two states away and other two guys at work have kids, mike is on duty if someone needs a taxi, he is out now but doesn't mind, its not that busy.

He had pancakes with pecans and blueberries for breakfast and I am making stuffed chicken breasts (goat cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil and pecans) with mashed potatoes and a wine gravy and individual choc soufflé for dinner.

When he is gone i will do my thing today, while he slept in I went for 75 minute mini hike early in the hills and will swim later.

I asked him if we could do dinner early at 3-4 so I could work it off swimming after :flowerforyou:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No plans..may paint my laundry room or at least get started...we shall see how. It goes. Rest day on squats I think planks are up to 2min...yikes
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day!

The weekends are my official rest days which is needed this time because my rt knee and NOW my left glute are both sore and achy. I'v been taking something for the discomfort and may pull out the foam roller to use and see if it helps.

Toni - thank you for complimenting my newest profile pic. Pretty soon I have plans of doing a plank challenge to help with the love handles. What time frame did you use to first start that plank challenge? Is there a guide to use? You progressed well with your challenges, too. How was the yard sale?

Marla - Your DH had a delicious breakfast and your menu for dinner sounds just as yummy. Good for you getting a hike earlier and enjoy that evening swim today.

Sherry - what a cute poster above. Children do WATCH what we do for sure! Have a wonderful time celebrating your DH today.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry i haven't been on more. My burpees challenge was a little crazy for me. I am starting insanity tomorrow. I am going to follow the schedule as closely as possible including the meal plan. I know insanity is also hard but i have a couple of friends that are also doing it and we are starting together. Hopefully that will help!

Ash
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ok I am up to 2min on Planks and rest day on squats.. I will post the picture I'm working off of. If I can figure it out between my phone and tablet..

I have got to go for my walk or something.... ok Pam failed with Yard Sale because of getting my fence put up and hubby had me on short order cook duty in addition to clean up... :-( but fence looks real nice...