Anyone else out there HYPERthyroid?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mjsturg1
    Mjsturg1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is just like me (thyroidectomy) and hyper at the moment although I have currently cut back my dose to raise my tsh into normal range. Been at this for 2 months now and very little weight loss !!
  • suziastro
    suziastro Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im HYPER/GRAVES
    Plese feel free to add me i could really do with some advice at the moment.
    Thanks
    Suzi
  • rosielko
    rosielko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hyper/graves add me please :)

Thanks
    Rosie
  • mckatie1980
    Options
    Diagnosed with graves in Sept of 2012. The only reason we even caught it was because of the eye bulging. My anxiety and blood pressure were through the roof. It was a relief to start methimazole and get a grip on my symptoms. I had lost 99 pounds over 3 years. And was super excited to hit 100. But I had to start prednisone for the eye issue. I gained 35 pounds back in just 3 months. Which was totally depressing. And my aggression was horrrible. Worst medicine ever. My symptoms immediately came back when my steroids course had finished. So right back on the steroids. I ate super healthy. Joined a 10 week kickboxing program and did jillian Michael's Dvds most evenings. 7 weeks of hell just to maintain. Been off steroids for 2 weeks and hoping to lose that 35 pounds again and finally hit that triple digit! My thyroid levels are well maintained on the methimazole. And I was able to get off the heart med. Now I'm just dealing with the eye issue. Im scheduled for orbital decompression surgery in 7 weeks. Very excited to look less like a frog and alleviate the daily headaches from all that pressure.