Do you have a "cheat" day?

Options
Do you have a "cheat" day? If so, how often? And do you log food on those days? Also, what do you consider a cheat day - over calories or over goals for carbs/fat or both? Or do you just allow yourself to eat something (or things) you don't normally?

Replies

• ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't designate a cheat day, but if something special is going on, like if my classmates are going out for wings or if I'm meeting a friend for drinks or a dinner out/road trip... I just go for it! And yes I do still log it, for reference next time or to see where my protein is at.

And if I eat too much chocolate when I'm at home, I log it too, again so I'm aware of amounts and calorie values.

I just consider over calories to be splurging.. to be honest I don't really watch the carbs/fat part, but I do watch protein!!!! (Maybe because of limited budget I can't try too hard in every category.)
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat DAY but a cheat meal per week! I don't log anything pretty much that day because I know my cheat meal is probably around 1500-2000 calories...which is way too much lol !
    If I cheat, for example going to a beer with friends, (and it's not my cheat meal), I still log it ! If it goes over well too bad, I have to live with it !
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Since starting the 5:2 way of eating - I'm loathe to call it a diet, as I think this is the kind of plan I can stick with for good - I don't need cheat days. I'm far more relaxed about food.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat meal/ snack yesterday, it was dorritos and now my gut feels a bit off lol.
  • bdufrane
    bdufrane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I cheat pretty much the whole weekend. From Friday night to Sunday Night. That doesn't mean I'm scarfing down whatever I want, but it does mean I'm not tracking my food, and eating some unhealthier foods I wouldn't eat during the week, including alcohal. I still record my workouts though. I still seem to lose weight almost every week, but maybe just not as fast. But for me, there are some things a can't resist, and I'm fine with it maybe taking a little longer.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mine is not properly a "cheat day." Couple of days per week I do go above (even way above!) my daily allowance. Usually that's on Sundays and on a day during the week when I decide to go out for dinner. Since most of the times I know in advance that on that specific day I am going to eat more, I eat less the day before and make up for the remaining extra calories the day after (usually by eating less and going for a run). That way, it balances out and I feel like I didn't really cheat!
  • kmcooksey
    kmcooksey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It seems incredibly difficult to have a cheat day and see results on the scale. Anyone else feel this way?