Day One- Les Mills PUMP Challenge

Options
Today was my first expeience with Les Mills - PUMP. Todays workout as the PUMP Challenge workout, and was all of 20 Minutes long. I didn't think this would be much of a workout, but if you choose the Correct weight, you will get the Muscle Burn from what they call the "Rep Effect". I did feel this during the workout. We have made up a slightly different workout schedule for the 90 days, and tomorrow should be a day of rest, although we will be doing the Sports Attack routine.

Replies

• rudyalvarez
    Options
    Day 2 Was Modified with the Sports Attack workout (cardio). Good Burn, for a 30 minute workout routine!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I started doing Body Pump in October. I love it! I'm not a fan of the Attack/Combat classes though. That's just too much for me. Are you doing this with a group of friends or at a gym?
  • rudyalvarez
    Options
    We have a Large Group of People (400) on FB that are doing the Program. We just started on Monday! With the Group there is so much support and people of all different levels are doing this together and sharing their expierences with each other.

I am Loving this Propgram so Far. After 4 rounds of P90X, I like this change in routines. I did the Combat workout routine today, I like it! But it may be different from the actual Classes in the gym.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot of people. LOL That's great! I was taking the class at my gym three days a week, but haven't gone consistently in over a month. I might actually make it in the morning. I have yet to try P90X. I'm kind of a Pump addict when I go consistently.
  • Christinesugano
    Christinesugano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went to my 1st class on Friday. Turns out that I caught the last 79 class. Went again Monday night and caught the 1st 80 class. Not worrying about the weights just yet, paying more attention to learning the routine and form. Going again tomorrow night. Love this class!
  • singrose
    Options
    I do pump 2x a week. Absolutely love it! Les Mills classes have been going for years in NZL/AUS and I never grow tired of them.
  • rudyalvarez
    Options
    That is so Cool! We jsut found these DVDs through Team Beachbody and our group of over 600 people are LOVING This New Program! We are in Week #7 this week. They were able to produce a 90 day Program to do from Home, with weights, Bar, Step, and 12+ DVD's!!! I dropped 15 lbs just in the first Month!
  • rudyalvarez
    Options
    Christinesuga, that is Awesome That you are able to continue with this program. I have learned to Love this already. Although from what I have heard on our TEAM Calls with 2 of the Trainers is those in the Gyms are about an Hour Long Class, and we are lucjy enough for this DVD Program of LEs Mills to be a progressive program where we started off with a 20 minute workout for the first week. We are now on Week #7 and we are now at the 55 minute routines!! Keep up the Good Work!
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your hour of body pump under exercise? I have tried looking it up, but haven't found it
  • kmcooksey
    kmcooksey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.lesmills.com/files/Email/BODYPUMP Research Report_final.pdf

Here is a link to a report the Les MIlls peoe put out about calories burned etc. of course it all depends on your weight, but I've been tracking an hour class as 300 calories