FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
tumblr_mazcilI0Cd1qgb9upo1_500.jpg

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Sun! It was suppose to rain today but I woke up to the sun. Yay, off to a good start.

Yesterday I managed to get in a 10K run. I really wanted to do no less than 8K....and managed to pull off 10. Very happy about that! Today, not sure. I think since its nice out I will run, but not a long one for sure. Or maybe...this could be the day I get my bike out! I haven't been on that yet.

Sherri - sounds like you've got so me heat over your way! Phew, I do hate running in the heat, especially humid heat. Good for you for getting yours in!

Marla - hope you had a good swim, I have yet to get in the lake. I think it needs to warm up just a bit more here for me. That sucks about the sugar on the floor, what a sticky yucky mess. I feel for you! Hope you got it all cleaned up.....sounds like you did a good job.

JJ - love the rest days, but sometimes I find it hard to take them. I also agree with what Sherri said....Do what you love, and be who you are! Go after what you want, you never know you just might be surprised at what you get!

Pam - it is definitely nice to be able to get the workout done inside on the really hot days. Where I live....we dont' get "too" many of the unbareably hot ones.

Off I go. Have a great day everyone!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    JJ. I go to a nia class which is all girls mostly and every once in awhile two guys. But mostly every time this guy Craig comes alone. He is married and his wife comes sometimes but he usually comes alone.

They like to dance and he says the class helps him get ready for that. He makes a joke of being the only guy.

I say do what you love. Life is too short and all....

Other than feeling sick from junk food at party it turned out ok. At least I learned my body craves good food. Have nia class then work. Taking a few days off swimming. Weather has cooled down.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bumping My mom and I got a nice walk in.. and I finished 150 squats and 2min plank...I will check back have a great day everyone
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey Everyone!

Cardio day and completed 30 minute fitness walk outdoors and boy was it humid. I was drenched when done. I took it easy on my right knee to avoid further discomfort, too. I can’t wait to get trail walking shoes to see if that will help.

Toni - good deal to see you and your Mom getting in those nice walks. You are moving up and up in that squat and plank challenge! Hope you have a terrific day and read ya later. I like Sherry's phrase and adopted it now...lol.

Marla - the body sure will let us know what it doesn't like. Have a good time at nia class today.

Maureen - WTG on exceeding your goal on that run yesterday!! Hope you get to pull out that bike and enjoy the ride.

Sherry - what's happening today for ya?

Wishing everyone a great day!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome Quote! Love it!! And how true!! :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Maureen, your runs sound so great! It has taken this darned heat to teach me to pace myself, but maybe if I keep it up, maybe (just maybe) I'll be able to start making longer runs some day (AFTER the heat is gone, that is!). Have fun running or cycling. My husband busted his bike out this week and rides it to/from work now that he doesn't have to take our son to school. I'm a little jealous. I would love a bike with a seat for lil girl. I'll just add that to my long wish list. haha!

Marla, hope your junk food hangover gets better soon! :)

Toni, you're doing great! Did you happen to see FitnessBlender's new squat challenge video? I haven't checked it out, but I think it's 10 different types of squats! That could really make a great booty!

Pam, my right knee used to give me a hard time. I am pretty sure that side lunges and also running have actually helped. Well, maybe it got a little worse before it got better. Anyway, I have NewBalance trail runner shoes that I adore, but I went off the track into the forest the other day and nearly turned my ankle on a rock. So, if it's extremely rocky, uneven, then the hightop hiker style might be worth a whirl. But if you ever think you might try some running, the NB trail runners are super!

Hey Allison!!

---

So, day 2 of no lil girl with me at the park---just me, myself, & I for 2 hours! Today was different from yesterday. The sun was still hot as blazes, but there was a persistent and gusty wind. It helped keep me cool, but also kept blowing dirt in my eyes (it's a dirt track and I had no shades) and I nearly ran off the path while blinded at one point. Yikes! Anyway, mostly walking, but ran 3miles, divided by 2miles and then hydrating/walking and then the final 1mile. I went even slower today, but the track was also covered in pine tree debris from the wind, so it was tricky running. Other than that, I did lots of neighborhood walking today, taking my son to taekwondo and also shopping/dropping off groceries at home, etc. Also forgot to eat this afternoon and was wiped out after the shopping. Got alotta calories to catch up on.

Well--tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    good afternoon

Well Pam I was all excited thinking I was going to post challenge pics for squat and planks... can seem to imbed phots :-( but i am at work on lunch... security is high no fun on the computers
    So here are links...

Plank-http://assets4.tribesports.com/system/challenges/images/000/042/693/original/20130502165057-30-day-plank-challenge.jpg
    Squats-http://www.aprilathena7.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/30-day-squat-challenge.jpg

I noticed when trying to get a copy of the BB code to imbed photo that there are some plank challenges that work you up to just 3min.. or 4min .. so google if 5min seems like too much.. and it's tough after 2min am not going to lie... I call it the shake rattle and roll at that point so far.. LOL

I should of taken before pictures.. like right before.. but I have some i took after my last Juilan workout.. I will get them on here in 2weeks after the challenge.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    Sherry, I haven't checked FB squat challenge I will right now..

:-)

Oh Pam I will be ready July first for the new routine... Yes I will figure out how to do it all I will continue to read up on it.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey Toni - thanks for the links to the plank and squat challenges and I looked them over. I am going to start that Ultimate Female Fitness Program on July 1st and we can do it together and anyone else is welcome to join. I will be doing a little more reading on it but printed out the workouts. There are different schedules that can be followed. I may try to work in the plank challenge with it...we shall see...lol. I do know that planks are tough and especially side planks for the obliques if done. I saved the squat challenge on my PC for future reference. Looking forward to seeing your result photos soon.

Sherry - thanks for the fyi on trail shoes...low quarters vs high tops. Our terrain is not rocky but each step is uneven. I've never had a problem with my ankles becoming unstable on this surface....hmmmm...you have given me something to consider. So happy for you getting in a 2 hour fitness session ALONE...lol! You got a chance to fully focus on your task. Get you some nice shades woman....:laugh:

Alright, I am out for the evening check ya'll in the morning.