Amy (Pond) Williams Book

Options
The book that Amy wrote when she was sent back in time, is a actually book. Check iTunes store, its call Doctor Who: Summer Falls written by Amelia Williams. I haven't read it yet, but plan on getting it.

Replies

• Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got it when it came out. Started on the first chapter.

I also got the one with River in it! The Angel's Kiss or something. That one was really good.
  • mustangmary11
    mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wonder if I can get them on kindle?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'll have to read it, along with "The Dying Detective,"* which is the name of an Arthur Conan Doyle story. Guess you can tell Stephan Moffat writes for both Doctor Who and Sherlock. :smile:

I think the first chapter of Williams's mystery novel featuring Melody Malone (?) is called "The Dying Detective," an obvious reference to ACD.
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    They have it on kindle. I just got it. I can't wait to read it.

I love the ACD reference. How clever!

Thanks for pointing this out!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

You're welcome. I pay waaaaaay too much attention to this stuff. :smile:

I think I saw an old, straight British TV dramatization of The Dying Detective. I assume that Jeremy Brett was Sherlock Holmes. There's also a lot of information on a very addictive site called TV Tropes. It's not limited to TV. It discusses the conventions that come up time and time again in creative narration. www.tvtropes.org
  • mustangmary11
    mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

You're welcome. I pay waaaaaay too much attention to this stuff. :smile:

I think I saw an old, straight British TV dramatization of The Dying Detective. I assume that Jeremy Brett was Sherlock Holmes. There's also a lot of information on a very addictive site called TV Tropes. It's not limited to TV. It discusses the conventions that come up time and time again in creative narration. www.tvtropes.org

I went to Amazon and as you said there it was, also I found the The Angels Kiss a Melody Malone story The one that Amy was reading to the Doctor. I also saw a Whovian cookbook yep you read that right. If you looked inside it had so many funky fun recipes and lots were listed. I may get it, I collect cookbooks LOL
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Whovian cookbook? What do they have in it? Fish sticks in pudding?