Managing time?

Options
Hi, I'm currently on my summer break, and can workout every morning after I've dropped my daughter to school. However, In September I am going to be starting my first teaching job which involves me working for many hours of the day, including when I get home.

I was wondering how those of you who work long hours manage to fit in your Insanity workout? Does getting up extremely early negatively impact you? Or is working out late evenings just as effective? I'm worried that I'll start slacking because I cannot find the time. Thought's/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• singh72047
    singh72047 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im a teen and am also busy with highschool, so what i do is get home and drink some black coffee. Sit and look at motivational stuff and then do Insanity. After that, I am free for hw and studying. It may result in long nights, but hey if you want that body, you gotta earn it.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I work full time, and have a 2 year old, I do all my training at night after I have put her to bed, I have just re-started insanity and also continuing going to the gym. I generally start exercising betweeen 1930-2000 and finish about 2100+, if I need to work from home (which i often do with my job)
  • TammTammS
    TammTammS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I work full time and i have to wake my daughters (ages 6&7) up at 7am and get them ready for school. I set the alarm clock to 5:30 am and put it across the room. This gives me 15 mins to putts around then work out wake them up. They make breakfast as I'm showering. We are all ready to leave the house by 8 am for the bus. This surprisingly works really well for me because not only am i done and don't have to think about working out for the day, but I'm actually awake and ready for work when i get there.
  • MrsCJ1
    MrsCJ1 Posts: 77
    Options
    I am a teacher also and this will be my second year...so i understand the demands of a first year teacher...it is exhausting most days. Im new to insanity but i was doing p90x during the school year. Try to train your body to wake up early and do it before school. That way you cn stay as late as you need to. Also...if you are just to tired its okay to miss a day here and there. Make your rest day a busy day during the week rather than sunday when you have the time to do it.
  • katjnorman
    Options
    Hi,

I work full time, and have a 2 year old, I do all my training at night after I have put her to bed, I have just re-started insanity and also continuing going to the gym. I generally start exercising betweeen 1930-2000 and finish about 2100+, if I need to work from home (which i often do with my job)

Do you have your dinner before or after your evening workout? If before, how long do you leave it beforehand? I find that I have to rest after eating a good while before exercising because I get side stitch/cramps within the first two minutes!
  • katjnorman
    Options
    Thanks for all your inspirational messages!

Waking up early seems like the best plan (for me), albeit one I don't necessarily like :) However, as commented previously - you've gotta earn that body! I will try it out in my holiday for a couple of weeks before starting my job.

I panic if I think I'm going to have to miss a day in case I don't get the results I want. Even on 'rest days' I'm doing Turbo Jam because it feels unnatural now to not have that hardcore workout. To have someone tell me it's okay to miss a day makes me feel a little better.