Newbie in need of friends :)

Options
Hello everybody! I'm a newbie both to OA and to myfitnesspal. My sponsor suggested this site so I could be more aware of what I'm eating and that I'm following my food plan. Currently my food plan is 3 meals a day no snacks.

I'm working the steps...still on step one. My sponsor has me going through the 12 step workbook. I'm coming up on my 30 days on 6/17. So excited!!! I really love the positive changes this program is having in my life.

Anyway, I need friends. It's comforting to know that I'm not on this journey alone :)

Thanks!

Elle

Replies

• Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Together we can do what we could never do alone!

There are friends available here. I've been in OA for about 5 years, but I've only had a real food plan (based on my macro goals here on MFP actually) for about 10 days now.

Remember,we can do for one day (one meal, one craving, one minute) what would appal us if we had to do it for a lifetime.

*hugs* Welcome to the fold and looking forward to hearing about your journey!
  • ellemusicrose
    Options
    Thank you Shadow!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Elle, thanks for the MFP/OA friendship! I'm working on the tools of recovery tonight, specifically writing and telephone. I'll be working with a new sponsor, so I'm grateful that there are people in the fellowship that step up for the sake of an OA'er in need. I'm feeling blessed tonight!!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Elle!! Thanks for connecting with me and I truly look forward to working the fellowship with you. Keep coming back -- it works! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Elle and welcome. Always nice to have others to share the journey with!
  • ellemusicrose
    Options
    Hi CoCo, Ptown, and Sheldon! I'm glad to find new friends : ) I know I can't walk this journey alone. It's so nice to find people that understand compulsive eating! I just recently broke abstinence and I strongly feel that if I had reached out to my fellows while I dealing with my crises I wouldn't have turned to the food.

So happy to meet nice people : )
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Elle welcome to the group - I'm kind of new here too. Friend request sent! :)