How long have you been abstinent?

Options
2 days! - Really happy about that. My current abstinence plan incldues no sugar, no fried food and no un-planned eating.

Replies

• Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    4-1/2 days. (Since Monday morning.) And counting.

But really, it's all just One Day At a Time.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    The longest I've been abstinent was 2 years, the shortest a couple of days. Any abstinent day is a good one!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Two days -- and enjoying! :happy: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    14 days, finally. It's helping with my mindset to have this many days in a row of abstinence!
  • Rocksham
    Rocksham Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The longest has been 6 days. I'm just starting out. It's going to get better!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Funny how when I stop living in my dis-ease, my body begins to release weight and negative emotions and begins to live in Joy. Abstinent yesterday, abstinent today. I don't think I'm counting the days ... sometimes that can be a trigger. I'm just living now -- and going for a walk along our beautiful river :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Sambista924
    Options
    ^ I love that idea!
    Yesterday, I completed my 5th day. Woohoo!!
  • ellemusicrose
    Options
    Almost 30 days!!! I can't wait to get my chip; such a feeling of accomplishment! One day at a time!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 days!!! I can't wait to get my chip; such a feeling of accomplishment! One day at a time!

It's a great feeling, congrats on your abstinence!
  • Sambista924
    Options

So awesome! Congrats!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    So, I saw someone posted in here again, so since I'm finding my slopes a little slippery, thought I'd go back to my food record. I've been abstinent since June 2nd. That is 12 days! Another reason to go get my power greens!!!
  • Shadowcub
    Options
    So, I saw someone posted in here again, so since I'm finding my slopes a little slippery, thought I'd go back to my food record. I've been abstinent since June 2nd. That is 12 days! Another reason to go get my power greens!!!

My abstinent date is June 3rd, so I'm at 11 days and counting!
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    The great thing about OA is that we always have the opportunity begin in each moment. Today is now Day 1 of Abstinence.
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on their abstinence.

Its been a bad couple of roller coaster months for myself, and I've gained over 30 pounds in that time. As of this morning I am at one day of abstinence and I am incredibly grateful for that.
  • Shadowcub
    Options
    Blew it Sunday night. Ate a -bunch- of stuff I should have. So my new abstinent date is June 17, 2013, and today is day 3....
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Its been two days because I got into crackers in a unhealthy way! Then again, its one day at a time!
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the other day that the person who has been abstinent the longest is the one who was up earliest :) 18 months, one day at a time. Just for today xxx
  • clanmomma
    clanmomma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I am not the only one who finds counting the days can be a trigger! I suffer from that too!

I did really good this week. But I am not terribly sure the true number of days. I suppose I could review my diary and figure it out, but I am still very much in the "just for today". I do not look at yesterday, and I do not plan tomorrow. I am taking it one meal at a time right now. When I set out to get my lunch, I think, "I believe I will pay attention to what I am eating this time." I find that if I look at my eating long-term, I feel overwhelmed and want brownies, or cookies, or some other craving that would not be there if I was not concentrating on not eating.

When you have over 150 pounds to loose, it is VERY easy to be overwhelmed. I try no to think about how much I have to loose, how long that might take me, or what I am going to do for an eating plan for the week. That seems to be a sure fire way to run out of resolve. I find that if I just keep healthy stuff in the house, and do not keep trigger food available, then I pack a bunch of little stuff to take for lunch and can pick and choose from what i have. The troubles come when the office buys me lunch, but that is just once a month so I will worry about that when it gets here. :)
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I am not the only one who finds counting the days can be a trigger! I suffer from that too!

I did really good this week. But I am not terribly sure the true number of days. I suppose I could review my diary and figure it out, but I am still very much in the "just for today". I do not look at yesterday, and I do not plan tomorrow. I am taking it one meal at a time right now. When I set out to get my lunch, I think, "I believe I will pay attention to what I am eating this time." I find that if I look at my eating long-term, I feel overwhelmed and want brownies, or cookies, or some other craving that would not be there if I was not concentrating on not eating.

When you have over 150 pounds to loose, it is VERY easy to be overwhelmed. I try no to think about how much I have to loose, how long that might take me, or what I am going to do for an eating plan for the week. That seems to be a sure fire way to run out of resolve. I find that if I just keep healthy stuff in the house, and do not keep trigger food available, then I pack a bunch of little stuff to take for lunch and can pick and choose from what i have. The troubles come when the office buys me lunch, but that is just once a month so I will worry about that when it gets here. :)
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Please keep posting. It keeps us going.