Good morning everybody :) would like to hear from you!

Options
Hows everyone doing this morning? i know that
For some of you, today is the first day of eating clean :)
Leave a comment with your name
how much weight or fat or inches you would like to lose iin the next 60 days.
Also what are you giving up? Gluten, dairy, processed sugar / fats.
Not ready to give up all? No problem. choose one or As many :)
This is a challenge, so push yourself , have will power and discipline.
Its just 60 days out of your life!
Prove to yourself that you have control :)
Later i will be posting a small challenge within this challenge .
Don't worry its easy to do. any questions or comments feel free to share!
Good luck today :) !!!!

Replies

• missmimichan
    Options
    Btw my name is Michelle :)
    In the next 60 days i would like to achieve losing 20 pounds.
    5 inches off my chest, waist and hips.
    Hopefully hip hop abs will help with that!
    Tomorrow it should be here :) excited!!!
    And also i would like my fat percentage to be 30% its 35 right now :(
    But its all about setting realistic goals!
    I am giving up: dairy, gluten, processed sugar and fats for 60 days!
    For this challenge i would like to give everyone my support, motivation, tips
    And answer any questions y'all might have!

Now your turn to share! :) !
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Doing well this morning. I don't eat meat, eggs, or dairy. When I transitioned out of eating those things and stopped eating prepackaged foods I felt amazing, EXCEPT:
    I woke up in the middle of the night, five nights in a row, with terrible stomach cramps. (I couldn't leave the restroom, if you know what I mean).
    For between 20-30 minutes each time, I had crazy itchy, rashy skin, and sweating.
    After the 20-30 minutes was over, I felt immediately better, stopped itching, and the rash would disappear. I could go right back to dream land.
    I did not do any juicing, take any supplements, or anything, I was concerned about what was happening. I was detoxing, the way your body is supposed to (just not that extreme all the time).

I am not saying this to be a negative Nelly, but because the reality of eating clean can be a bit of a wake up call, and is absolutely worth whatever you go through to get there. The benefits I've seen, and what I've heard from others, have been very substantial.
    My doctor couldn't believe the difference in my bloodwork, which was already pretty healthy, to be honest. The improvement was still significant.
    My husband eats like an absolute machine (he seriously ate a whole cake pan full of my Southwestern Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas last night), but he's lost 15 pounds. He's not exactly active either :tongue:

I had an iron deficiency as an omnivore earlier in my pregnancy, but now I am never low on any nutrients. It can be done, trust the plants!
    My four year old was telling off my Aunt last night who made some nasty remarks about not eating animal products. My lil one said "Well, cows are my friends, just like my doggy is my friend. And I think cauliflower is yummy!"

No hate to my omni pals, veg isn't for everyone!
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Lol oh no! That rash sounds horrible!!! wow well my diet consists of 99% fat free chicken, tuna ( it is canned) : lots of vegies and fruit. quinoa . Liquid egg whites. healthy fats and sugar: Avocado and i do allow myself to eat natural peanut butter .
    I like nuts but can't have too many or i break out . that s how clean im going.
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm Nadia - as of this morning I weighed 219.
    I've decided to weigh every day to see my weight fluctuations over the course of this challenge.
    After 60 days I'd like to be under 200 but the main reason I'm doing this is to see if my skin will clear up. Ever since I moved to florida I've had horrible problems with my skin and my current eating habits weren't doing me any favors. I'm giving up all processed sugars, gluten, and fatty meats, along with 99% of my dairy consumption (still allowing myself I day of drinking milk per month, because I know I'll need it) so it'll be all fruits, veggies, seafood, and a little lean beef every now and again. And I'm really looking forward to it! I've never done anything quite as strict as this before so I'll need all the help and motivation I can get, and I can't wait to see everyone's progress and changes in the next 2 months
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Hi nadia ! Thank your for sharing!
    ! I officially started clean eating 4 days ago .
    Since then I've already lost 3 pounds :).
    That's kind of a lot for just 4 days but my system is detoxifying and drinking water
    Has helped flushing everything out.
    I am also weighing in everyday but just for a week.
    Try for a week but do not become obsessive or it might just stress you out!
    This week i will be weighing everyday not only to keep me motivated but because
    I will be doing a 6 day slim down once i get my workout program. Should be coming in tomorrow! :)!
    Enough about me! Just wanted to share short term results
    This is just for you nadia!
    This will definitely help clear your skin! Idk how many cups of water you drink in A day but he recommended amount is 8 glasses.
    I say go for a gallon = 128 0z A little over 12 cups
    Just start by drinking as much water as you can this will help your skin and also keep you full and prevent over eating.
    Also do you take any vitamins? This year i started taking mummy multi vitamins and it has helped much my skin so much!
    Organic face products used for a long period of time also helps! I use organic face products now.
    I also read about your 1 glass of milk a month. You def need more calcium than that! Try almond milk! Vanilla is yummy ! it has twice the amount of calcium than milk and its dairy free! :) so good for you!

I hope that you will consider these tips! They will work! Remember results don't happen over night! :)
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Gummy multivitamins* let me know if you have any questions at all :)
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options
    My skin cleared up exponentially after I switched to a clean diet. I went from having both dry and acne prone skin to gettnig compliments. Hope it works for you too!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options
    Wait, why do you guys think you need milk? I'm confused. Are you also planning on cutting out veggies, nuts, fish, and all of the other sources of calcium? I drink almond milk sometimes because I like it, but I don't really need it for calcium. I am starting to get uncomfortable with the info being passed along on this thread. Why organic face products? I like to buy organic for many things, and I actually make my own organic, fair trade shampoo, conditioner, body and face wash, but what is the reason for specifying that one might get better results with those? Gummy vitamins are great if you can't stomach swallowing a regular multivitamin, but they are not good for your teeth, and many, if not all, contain HFCS (not that I believe a small amount is harmful).
  • missmimichan
    Options
    You need calcium its important esp ito help bones and muscles
    Almond milk 2x calcium and Dairy free!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tessa.
    I didn't get a chance to weight myself this morning, but last time I did it was 245. Overall since starting, I've lost 25 lbs and 3 pant sizes. I haven't been keeping track of inches, even though I should.
    Overall, I'm trying to lose about 100 lbs and in general just be healthier. I grew up eating a lot of fried foods and sweets, so I'm not entirely familiar with the vegetable world (I'm working on it.)
    I'm currently cutting out sugar and as much processed foods as possible, along with increasing my fiber, protein, and vegetable intake.

I've also started doing Zumba weekly, will begin doing yoga (bikram and regular) weekly, and hope to have my bike fixed by either this weekend or next weekend.

Good luck to all of you ladies!!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options
    There are some conflicting reviews as to whether milk prevents osteoporosis or causes it. It's really unproven either way, but I tend to more likely believe the tests done outside of industry. I'm still not certain either way, so I don't want to perpetuate any propaganda. I can't help but wonder how, in a country where our dairy consumption is so insanely off the charts, that we have some of the highest rates of hip fractures and osteoporosis.
    No animal needs milk after it is weaned, especially that of another species. If you want it because you enjoy it and are comfortable with how it is produced, please do. It's none of my business. But saying you need it is as faulty as saying you need to eat any other one food.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Options
    Good luck to you all who have posted so far, by the way.
  • nrz242
    Options
    My skin cleared up exponentially after I switched to a clean diet. I went from having both dry and acne prone skin to gettnig compliments. Hope it works for you too!

Thats really good to hear, thank you. Thats exactly what I have. I put way too much junk food in my body this past year trying to survive school, but I've always had a difficult complexion - I did just start taking a multivitamin on my doctors suggestion and I was considering adding an omega-3... Any thoughts? just curious if anyone else has had success with it. I've actually found I have a lot of fun making my own hair/skin care products with natural ingredients but its not always practical for me as the budget can get pretty tight when you're a student. Thanks for all the tips :)
  • nrz242
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tessa.
    I didn't get a chance to weight myself this morning, but last time I did it was 245. Overall since starting, I've lost 25 lbs and 3 pant sizes.

Congratulations!
    I've also started doing Zumba weekly, will begin doing yoga (bikram and regular) weekly, and hope to have my bike fixed by either this weekend or next weekend.

Let me know how you like the weekly Zumba, I've been curious but too timid to start it. Good luck and thanks for the extra inspirations :)
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kelly. I have been eating clean since May 28th & have lost 12 lbs already. I chose to become vegan as well because I was noticing my blood sugars rising & I've always been on the side of prevention & don't want to be diagnosed with insulin resistance or diabetes because of something I can control. In fact diseases are mostly based on our diets or lack of eating healthy. I am a RN have done pretty extensive research on nutrition, & the relationship between disease.. I'm not here to give anyone advice unless they want to message me for it :))) But I have never felt so good eating this clean before, I have so much energy, sleep better at night, no more stomach issues. Initially when I up'd my fiber to at least 40 g a day I did have some detox & had to make frequent trips to the bathroom but that only lasted the first week. My goal is to lose 20 lbs in the 60 days, some inches & exercise everyday. I am choosing aqua zumba & water jogging because I recently tore my medial meniscus & walking just causes too much pain, less impact in the water. At my decision I want to be as healthy as possible if I have to have the surgery, my orthopedist told me see how it goes & the weight may take enough impact off & I may not need it. That was the best news ever !!

I'm excited to have all this support & motivation & accountability for the next 60 days. Everyone has their own thoughts on what eating clean means to them. I am here to support everyone in their challenge. You will feel amazing & better than you've ever felt just getting anything white out of your diet (except cauliflower :), getting rid of anything processed & drinking more water. Much success to all of you.

Today I weighed 186 lbs. I'm 5'6 & 54 years young :))
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Amazing :) yes true there are different levels of eating clean! Getting rid of the bad stuff like candy cookies cakes brownies. Cbeeseburgers pizza any of those that's my eating clean. But you can take it as far as going vegan. I love meat! I use to eat a lot of beef but not anymore i stick to eating lean meats.
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Everyone great job posting! I absolutely feel like the next 60 days will be great,
    especially with all the motivation from one another.
    Its exciting and a tiny bit scary to cut some things out completely.
    There will be doubts, maybe even mess up days but just keep pushing through.
    " one day of eating bad isn't going to make you fat, just like one day of eating healthy will make you skinny."
    In the end of our 60 day journey its guaranteed that we lose weight, fat , inches .
    But we will gain strength, discipline. So that after this challenge you will make smarter choices.
    Great for before the holidays . every body results will be different! The more effort the better results.
    This is not a short term lose so much weight fast challenge.
    Its about training yourself, your mind and your body will feel so good!
    I will be taking pictures of my results and at the end i will de share. I've never done anything like this before but my mind is in the right place. Im ready to change what i have complete control of. Share your thoughts :)