Net Carbs Script

Options
Shari325
Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
Anyone else having trouble with the Net Carbs Script this morning?

Mine is not showing the Net Carbs column, but instead has a column on the far left that says "NaN" in every slot.

Can someone please help me to do the math to calculate percentages until I can get this fixed? I have discovered that the number of Net Carbs I eat is not nearly as important as the ratio of Net Carbs/Protein/Fat.
What is the formula used to calculate what percentage of calories per meal my net carbs are?

Replies

• SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Edit - Clearly I didn't read your post correctly the first time (sorry.)

That said, I could explain it or you could simply use this calculator lol.

http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/3percent.htm
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problems too with the script.
    Hopefully it's only temporary.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Yep, my script is all messed up too.
  • Shari325
    Options
    Thank you SadKitty!
    After much thrashing around I figured out similar calculations resulted in the number of calories not grams.
    Example: 15% of 1600 is 240 calories. I need to then divide by calories per gram. So,15% of 1600 calories is 60g of carbs.

I think I have found that if I maintain carbs at 15% of total calories, whether I eat 1400 calories or 1800 calories for the day, my blood sugar stays where it is supposed to! Yeah!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Glad you got it sorted out. I hope the script works for us all again real soon
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me where to find the script? And how to insert it? I'd love to have MFP calculate this for me!
  • Shari325
    Options
    AbbeyDove, Someone else shared this link with me a few weeks ago.
    http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/

That site tells you how to configure MFP to help track carbs, and then offers a link to another site where you can download the script. However, that script is not working at the moment. I might wait to download it until the issues are resolved.
    Blessings,
    Shari
  • itsedjusted
    Options
    I'm pretty annoyed at the script being broken. I suspect it's something MFP did.
  • Shari325
    Options
    itsedjusted,
    I agree, I saw that the mobile app updated today. I assume, since MFP has been down for "maintenance" a lot recently, that the web site has been updated too.
    I just don't know how to fix it. I'm hoping someone that knows these things will come along soon. :flowerforyou:
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I too have had the same problem for the last few days and wasn't sure if it was the script itself or an MFP issue. Though I don't have any trouble with calculating my net carbs, I'm extremely frustrated with the issues on my diary page. :grumble:
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    This would be so helpful. I just downloaded the script and won't enable until they fix it. Bummer.
  • itsedjusted
    Options
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

I've tried this updated one and it still doesn't work. It's not putting weird stuff on my page like I was getting before. In fact, it's not putting anything on my page. It's like it's not even running even though I repeatedly tell it to run. I'm sad because I really loved that feature.
  • Shari325
    Options
    itsedjusted,
    You're my hero!!!
    Thank you for finding the fix. I am ignorant of these things. I had a good idea what had happened, but had no idea how to fix it, or even how to find someone that did know how to fix it. You did the leg work and I am VERY grateful! Thank you!

Blessings,
    Shari
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    YES. Thank you. I don't use Chrome but that fix instructions stated the following:
    MyFitnesspal changed one of the class names on their website from .container to .food_container and it broke the script. For the purposes of this discussion, I assume we are talking about this userscript.

I have an updated version of the script here. I also let the creator of the script know so that hopefully he will update the script officially.

If you use greasemonkey you should be able to manually change the script. Search for .container and replace it with .food_container. Note: It's in many places through the code, so make sure you find/replace them all.

I edited the script replacing .container with .food_container and now it works.

Thank you again.
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!! It works. Thanks so much !! :drinker:
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Thank you!! Love this script!
  • dlaciv12
    dlaciv12 Posts: 13
    Options
    Anyone have this working in Chrome with Tampermonley?
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh Laura... I also edited the script replacing .container with .food_container (5 places in the script) and It STILL won't fix mine.
    Man I can't function without my script!! LOL
    Anybody have any ideas to help me out? ...lost
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Anyone have this working in Chrome with Tampermonley?

Yes! Me!