June 7 - 21

Options
AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
Looks like everybody was out last week...

HW 252
SW: 236
CW: 216.4
GW: 190

Only lost .8 lbs, but that is good considering I was up over two pounds when I stepped on the scale my first day back from a business trip. That was the worst, long days, no access to a gym, no 'safe' areas available to walk or run, late night meals, and... a new local beer to try. Since I've been back, I've done good with my food, but am having difficulty getting my butt in gear. I'm going to have to get busy if I hope to make my June challenge.

Replies

• Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SW - 251.6
    CW - 223.2
    GW - 190.0

Down 3 lbs from last weigh-in. And with summer here that's a good thing. Work is stressful lately but the exercise helps deal with it :bigsmile:
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    SW - 251.6
    CW - 223.2
    GW - 190.0

Down 3 lbs from last weigh-in. And with summer here that's a good thing. Work is stressful lately but the exercise helps deal with it :bigsmile:

Outstanding!
  • kobrien65
    kobrien65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SW 218
    CW 204
    GW 174

Been an up and down week for me...literally. Had someone finally not be afraid to say "hey, are you losing weight"? That felt great. Actually dropped down from 40 inch pants to a very comfortable 38. Almost like having a new wardrobe being able to fit into old clothes. Got down to 201.8 and was really looking forward to breaking 200 before I go to Mexico in a couple of weeks. Then BAM, I'm up 3lbs to 204. WTF? I maintain a 1000 cal deficit every day, so where does 3 lbs come from?! I get that weight fluctuates day to day, but this was depressing. So, hitting the gym regularly, cutting out my beloved beer (even though I count the cals), and going to see what happens. I'm giving blood tomorrow so maybe that will count as a half pound :)
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hey, guys...been gone for a few weeks, long story (trip to Vegas, family issues, stalled progress). Just glad to be back and reading some inspiration. Noticed a few posts from some of our new friends about tough weekends; maybe I'm the opposite, but I bust my *kitten* in the yard all weekend, knowing I eat differently then. Still skipping meals during the week which is wrong, but tough to change 50 years of habit. Keep the successes coming, we (I) need it!
  • Jeffy67
    Options
    SW - 251.6
    CW - 223.2
    GW - 190.0

Ops, made a typo with my CW . It should have been 226.2 at that time. But i've lost some since then.
  • Jeffy67
    Options
    SW - 251.6
    CW - 222.2
    GW - 190.0

So, today was weigh in day and I'm down 4 lbs ! Very happy!
    I also noticed i typo'd my last CW so, I posted above the correction. Either way it's a win!
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Looks like everybody was out last week...

... am having difficulty getting my butt in gear. I'm going to have to get busy if I hope to make my June challenge.

Here I is! I was on vacation in Phoenix and Las Vegas for the first two weeks of June, and packed back on 8 lbs to 206 last weekend. I put as one of my goals in the June challange to get myself back to pre-vacation weight (198 lbs) and it was real hard getting myself back into it.

But, I stayed below my calories this week and had 4 cardio events totalling 12.7 miles. I lost 3.4 of my vacation pounds. 4 more to go.

SW - 247
    CW - 202.2
    GW - 185

-Kevin
  • KevinS62
    Options
    .... Got down to 201.8 and was really looking forward to breaking 200 before I go to Mexico in a couple of weeks. Then BAM, I'm up 3lbs to 204. WTF? I maintain a 1000 cal deficit every day, so where does 3 lbs come from?! I get that weight fluctuates day to day, but this was depressing....
    ... So, hitting the gym regularly, cutting out my beloved beer (even though I count the cals), and going to see what happens. I'm giving blood tomorrow so maybe that will count as a half pound :)

I hear ya brother! My first 40 lbs came off realatively easy. Getting from 208-210 to 198 has been a freaking chore! Even with a huge deficiet, it just didn't seem to come off. AND, like you, I've had to resort to cutting back on my Bud Light. DAMN!

Don't lose your determination. We're doing it right. I think that sometimes our bodies catch up to what we're doing and start re-distributing the weight/fat/muscle. Like you said, you've moved out of your 40s and into nice fitting 38s. So, just keep at it. I'll have a couple weeks like that, then all of a sudden, I'll lose 3-4 of those stubborn pounds.
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Since I won't be home for about a week and a half, I decided to weigh in today:

HW 252
    CW: 213.6

I've dropped another 3 lbs. Doing well on my food, one night of wine drinking, moving around a lot more (walking), need to start lifting weights, but am struggling to get motivated after a day at work.
  • Jeffy67
    Options

HW 252

I've dropped another 3 lbs. Doing well on my food, one night of wine drinking, moving around a lot more (walking), need to start lifting weights, but am struggling to get motivated after a day at work.

I goto the gym in the morning before work to get it out of my way. Would that be an option for you? Like you, i found after work workouts to be a pain.
  • AllanMisner
    Options

HW 252

I goto the gym in the morning before work to get it out of my way. Would that be an option for you? Like you, i found after work workouts to be a pain.

One of the reasons my weightloss is working as well as it is has to do with my low-level cardio in a fasted state in the morning. I like to take some protein about an hour before a weight session (and then right after). Actually, the best time for me to do weights is 2 - 3pm. I think I'm going to get into the practice of eating lunch in the office and then breaking out for a weight workout in the mid afternoon. We'll see.
  • KevinS62
    Options

I could have written that! I need to get motivated and add the weights into my routine. I'm down in the range of 200 and probably 20-25 lbs away from where I want to be. I need to start redistributing what I've got.
  • AllanMisner
    Options

I could have written that! I need to get motivated and add the weights into my routine. I'm down in the range of 200 and probably 20-25 lbs away from where I want to be. I need to start redistributing what I've got.

I did a long walk on Saturday and because my legs were fried on Sunday, I managed to get into the gym for a back and chest strength session. Did some good, as this morning, I couldn't straighten out my arms. I'll be traveling to podunk places this week, so finding a gym to keep it up might be a challenge.