when and how much do you work out?

Options
I am having a hard time getting my work outs in while working fulltime and taking care of my kid. On the weekends I can take my kid to an amusement park or swimming but the weekdays are hard.

Replies

• cbrockman13
    Options
    Im in the same boat...I have just recently tried doing Zumba at home but it's so hard to get motivated when it's cold outside...
  • vschussler1
    vschussler1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wake up super early and work out before my kids wake up. It seems to be the only quiet me time I get. It sucks getting out of bed, but I feel so much better after my work out and it makes me start my day on a positive note!
  • cecasteele
    cecasteele Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv is great. Quick (as in 15 minutes) and they can really get you going in the morning.
  • my_chrystal82
    my_chrystal82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to the group but wanted to take a minute because your post was exactly in line with what was on my mind this evening. My kids are 13 and 8. I have been trying to get the family into a habit of a nightly walk. My youngest brought her scooter and my oldest insisted on wearing his Crocs. :S
    So a 15 minute power walk became a 25 minute drag lol. I work daytime and leave the house before they're awake so morning & daytime activities aren't an option.
    I get home from work, make supper and am basically beat. They are full of beans!

So my compromise is this. I will buy a pool pass for our local rec centre (15 min walk away!) and force them to walk there and back with me if they want to stop be bored and go for a swim. It doesn't hurt that the local pool has an awesome, huge slide and a lap pool for me.

After tonight's walk, I finished on my own with some circuit training and stretching. Ahhh compromise lol