Clean eating Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• celial1105
    celial1105 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is a thread I'm going to keep coming back to. So many good suggestions!
  • Kersmudgekins
    Kersmudgekins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great source of info.
    Thank you to all that posted links!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Skinnytast.com
    also tells you how many servings, calories, etc
    and WW points
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    bump.
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great list of sites. Ill def refer back to it.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the websites!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sounds and looks so delicious. This is going into the rotation.

Cajun Jambalaya
    Posted By Joanne Lusted / Classics Made Clean,Dinner Tonight,Quick & Easy,Under 45 Minutes

Serves: 4
    Makes: 6 cups
    Hands-on time: 20 minutes
    Total time: 45 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 lb raw shrimp, 26/30 size, peeled and deveined, tail on
    4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
    1 all-natural low-sodium turkey sausage, sliced
    1/2 medium white onion, diced
    1 medium green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, diced
    1 rib celery, diced
    1 1/2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 1/2 tbsp salt-free Cajun seasoning
    1 cup all-natural instant brown rice
    1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
    Olive oil cooking spray
    INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400°F.
    In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients except cooking spray, mixing well until combined.
    Prepare 2 foil pouches. Spray each piece of foil with cooking spray. Divide mixture evenly among both pieces of foil and seal.
    Place pouches on a baking tray and slide onto middle rack of preheated oven for 25 minutes or until rice and proteins are fully cooked. (When cooked, rice will be soft and proteins will be firm and opaque.) To test for doneness, carefully open 1 pouch and taste a few grains of rice from the center of the pouch. If necessary, close pouch and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
    Carefully open pouch and pour mixture into a large serving bowl; serve immediately.
    Nutrients per serving (1 1/2 cups Cajun Jambalaya): Calories: 339, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Omega-3s: 350 mg, Omega-6s: 840 mg, Carbs: 24 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 46 g, Sodium: 354 mg, Cholesterol: 171 mg

NOTE:
    Worried that instant brown rice doesn’t sound clean? Stick to an all-natural variety, such as Uncle Ben’s Fast & Natural Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice, and all you’ll get is precooked or parboiled long grain rice with no preservatives, additives or fillers. Just whole-grain rice in less time!

Nutritional Bonus: One cup of brown rice provides you with 88% of your daily need for manganese. The trace mineral helps you produce energy from protein and carbohydrates and is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids, necessary for a healthy nervous system.
    Article printed from Clean Eating: http://cleaneatingmag.com

URL to article: http://cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/classics-made-clean/cajun-jambalaya/
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great thread with some great references! thanks!

I just discovered a quick little clean snack that works for getting your protein in when you don't have a lot of time or energy to pull out a recipe. Costco has tiliapia fillets that are individually packaged and frozen. They thaw in about 10 minutes in a bowl of cold water and cook up in about the same time in the oven at 400. take 1/2 an avocado and mash it up with a clove (or 2 lol) of garlic and juice of half a lime, and a little salt and pepper and eat it on the fish. yummiest!
  • hollyhueston5
    hollyhueston5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just what I was searching for . . . . . this is so terrific! I might have some to contribute too. I will rummage around and find some to share. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:smile:
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Need to save this thread. Looks like some good references.
  • NMonroe40
    NMonroe40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    100daysofrealfood is my favorite. Last night I made her Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, with homemade crock pot chicken and homemade chicken broth. It was sooooo good.
  • AnnieMitten
    Options
    Wow this is incredible! Thanks guys. Some of these recipes look fantastic
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump! i'm getting hungry reading all of these!