Stage 1 Results - no huge changes, but loving it!

Options
tartsul
tartsul Posts: 298 Member
So I finished Stage 1 on June 7 and had my rest week. I've started Stage 2 this week and I thought I'd post some of my progress pictures (although they look pretty much the same to me) and strength results. I love the program and lifting is so much more interesting than cardio, but getting up at 5 AM is so hard! I'm thankful for everyone on MFP to encourage me to keep at it!

Stats: 28 years old
Height: 5'5"
Starting weight in Oct 2012 - 138
Lowest weight doing mainly cardio and some weight machines - 122
Weight after adjusting my calories/macros and midway through NROL - 128-129
Current weight - 127

I lost half an inch in my bust (unfortunately), half an inch in my waist, GAINED half an inch in my hips/butt (i think it's muscle?), no change in my thighs but I had a 3/4" increase in my arms?? maybe I measured wrong or I was just flexing more for the "after" measurement... haha I'm fairly sure I was just flexing more, since doing this program has made me want to flex more :happy:

Workout A
Squats - started with just the bar -->85
Seated Row -40 -->80
Pushups - 45 degree -->30 degree (a little bit of difficulty, but pushed through)
StepUps - 10 -->17.5 (each hand)
Prone Jacknife - went from hating them and not being able to do them at all to 15 with what i would say was good form

Workout B
Deadlift - started with just the bar -->105
Dumbell Shoulder Press - 5 --> 15 (each hand)
Wide Grip Lat Pull Down - 30 -->65
Lunges - 8 -->15 (each hand)
Swiss Ball Crunch - able to do all crunches with no weight --> added 15 lbs and still able to complete all reps

Now for a few photos. I don't really see much of a difference except maybe slightly more toned.

Taken in late April
photo1_zps5f1206de.jpg.html
photo3_zps0c174286.jpg.html
d5409d35-ff7d-43fb-9963-c036d47377bc_zpsab204d0b.jpg.html

Taken mid June
photo1_zpse730952e.jpg.html
photo2_zps017ed02f.jpg.html
photo3_zpsbf0fec52.jpg.html
photo5_zps92afda52.jpg.html

And these were taken somewhere along the way, I like these!
Back_zps9c578287.jpg.html
Arm_zpsef8fecc6.jpg.html

And one for fun of me standup paddle boarding at Lady Bird Lake this weekend! YAY for outdoor fun exercise!
paddleboarding_zps730e9c9b.jpg.html

Replies

• tartsul
    Options
    ok, can't figure out how to make the photos show. oh well.
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't see the pictures either but fantastic gains and losses here! You are already in great shape so I think it's just a matter of fine tuning, which I would say is going very successfully for you! I love flexing now too :) Rock on, sister.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pics either but great strength gains. I will be officially halfway through stage one today and once I finish that it's on to stage 6 (to firm up my arms/shoulders/back) for my upcoming wedding. I also don't feel like I've changed much, but am excited to see where my measurements/strength stacks up in three weeks.

One question for you - how did you do deadlifts with just the bar? Did you set the edges on risers or something? I'm still struggling with how to correctly do that.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Great work! I just hit the half way point of stage 1 today, and am noticing some pretty great changes so far, as is the hubby! I am excited to get to the end of 1 and see my gains & differences as well, then get going with stage 2!

Keep it up! :wink:
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    So I finished Stage 1 on June 7 and had my rest week. I've started Stage 2 this week and I thought I'd post some of my progress pictures (although they look pretty much the same to me) and strength results. I love the program and lifting is so much more interesting than cardio, but getting up at 5 AM is so hard! I'm thankful for everyone on MFP to encourage me to keep at it!

Stats: 28 years old
    Height: 5'5"
    Starting weight in Oct 2012 - 138
    Lowest weight doing mainly cardio and some weight machines - 122
    Weight after adjusting my calories/macros and midway through NROL - 128-129
    Current weight - 127

I lost half an inch in my bust (unfortunately), half an inch in my waist, GAINED half an inch in my hips/butt (i think it's muscle?), no change in my thighs but I had a 3/4" increase in my arms?? maybe I measured wrong or I was just flexing more for the "after" measurement... haha I'm fairly sure I was just flexing more, since doing this program has made me want to flex more :happy:

Workout A
    Squats - started with just the bar -->85
    Seated Row -40 -->80
    Pushups - 45 degree -->30 degree (a little bit of difficulty, but pushed through)
    StepUps - 10 -->17.5 (each hand)
    Prone Jacknife - went from hating them and not being able to do them at all to 15 with what i would say was good form

Workout B
    Deadlift - started with just the bar -->105
    Dumbell Shoulder Press - 5 --> 15 (each hand)
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Down - 30 -->65
    Lunges - 8 -->15 (each hand)
    Swiss Ball Crunch - able to do all crunches with no weight --> added 15 lbs and still able to complete all reps

Now for a few photos. I don't really see much of a difference except maybe slightly more toned.

Taken in late April
    photo1_zps5f1206de.jpg.html
    photo3_zps0c174286.jpg.html
    d5409d35-ff7d-43fb-9963-c036d47377bc_zpsab204d0b.jpg.html

Taken mid June
    photo1_zpse730952e.jpg.html
    photo2_zps017ed02f.jpg.html
    photo3_zpsbf0fec52.jpg.html
    photo5_zps92afda52.jpg.html

And these were taken somewhere along the way, I like these!
    Back_zps9c578287.jpg.html
    Arm_zpsef8fecc6.jpg.html

And one for fun of me standup paddle boarding at Lady Bird Lake this weekend! YAY for outdoor fun exercise!
    paddleboarding_zps730e9c9b.jpg.html

I managed to look at them by copying the links. There is a difference. Your silhouette is smoother. Your skin all over is smoother. You have more definition is your arms, your butt is definitely firmer. There's a lot of changes there for you.

Well done :)
  • tartsul
    Options
    Thank you! I am glad that someone notices some differences! And I think I got it to work! SUCCESS WITH THE PHOTOS!!!! :bigsmile:

Before - April
    photo1_zps5f1206de.jpg

d5409d35-ff7d-43fb-9963-c036d47377bc_zpsab204d0b.jpg

photo3_zps0c174286.jpg

End of Stage 1 - June 7
    photo1_zpse730952e.jpg

photo2_zps017ed02f.jpg

photo3_zpsbf0fec52.jpg

7ab81c94-fd8e-40d6-ac84-9a979b8cd748_zps59ecc1e3.jpg

Somewhere in the middle
    421876c0-d2d0-4423-abc8-aef76e3db85b_zps77f8052c.jpg

84815ddd-7678-4daf-ba7e-a21039f1ff68_zps9c166868.jpg
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Woohoo it posted :)

Oh yeah, your thighs are slimmer too :)
  • tartsul
    Options
    Can't see the pics either but great strength gains. I will be officially halfway through stage one today and once I finish that it's on to stage 6 (to firm up my arms/shoulders/back) for my upcoming wedding. I also don't feel like I've changed much, but am excited to see where my measurements/strength stacks up in three weeks.

One question for you - how did you do deadlifts with just the bar? Did you set the edges on risers or something? I'm still struggling with how to correctly do that.

ha i'm honestly not sure. my husband goes with me the first time i do a new set of exercises to give me pointers and tips. he sometimes will stop me halfway through a lift and help me reposition my back or butt or something. i think the first time i did workout B he probably told me to not go down all the way to the floor. i have definitely heard of people putting the bar on risers or stacking some weight plates underneath the ends so that it's at the proper height.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Great thanks! I should have my dude come with me too. Smart move :)
  • ramalem
    Options
    Oh and PS I hope my back/arms look like that last pic of you someday!
  • dlcarroll13
    dlcarroll13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go with the awesome progress...keep it up :)