The weekly challenges for Sunday, June 16, through Saturday, June 22 are:

Music Appreciation
Healthy Eating Day
Community Day
Appreciating Nature Day
Movie Critic Day
Body Toning Day .... ARMS!
Pay It Back Day

For a description of each of the above, please see the locked Weekly Activities discussion on the group page!

Replies

• mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks for letting me join at this late date. I really need this to get me back on track! I've already met a few Campers, and am looking forward to meeting and interacting with more of you! I really like the way this group is set up with the weekly check-ins!

Thanks again,

MudflatMabel (aka: Charlene)
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Charlene! So glad to have you here. You are in my cabin, and we call ourselves Win to Thin! We have a cabin thread where we like to chat a bit and report how are days are going from time to time. It also gives us a chance to support one another as well as get to know one another. I'm on my phone more, but I'll message you more details later this afternoon. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

Beth
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    Completed Music Appreciation Day today. Listened to Sirius radio, country fitness channel, during my two two-mile walks.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Over the past few days I have been helping mom pack up dad's stuff to give to charity. This morning I moved the boxes to the front porch and the veterans came and pick them up. So that was my Pay It Back Day.

This afternoon I joined a friend on a grueling hike up the side of a mountain. It took 40 minutes to go only one mile on a steep rocky path. When we got to the top, however, it was definitely worth it. The view from the top was awesome. We saw eagles, chipmunks, deer, butterflies and heard some very loud cicadas. That was my Nature Appreciation Day.
  • mudflatmabel
    Options
    Week Three Challenges for MudflatMabel

Healthy Eating Day - Posted Asparagus Delight under Healthy Recipes

Movie Critic Day - Posted review on "I Love You to Death"

Music Appreciation Day - Did an hour of Aqua Zumba to 'World Music'

Pay it Back Day - Helped a friend to learn a new skill - beading and restringing a broken necklace - gave her the tools she needed to do that and more in the future.

Appreciating Nature Day - This day I just sat outside in our yard while practicing on my banjo. I noticed that I was attracting Robins, so I stopped and just sat and watched all the wildlife. Another Robin sat up on our Dish satellite receiver, an eagle flew up and sat in one of our tallest fir trees, a young deer strolled by, and many other birds were singing the entire time. I do live in paradise!

I have two more challenges to do, but will probably only do the Body toning Day - Arms. I will post that when completed.

I also got in both surprise challenges, 2 points for the standing oblique crunches and 2 points for the leg raises.

I'm not sure if I post today's weight or post it tomorrow. Will be looking for the response to that.

All in all, I had a pretty good week, for just getting started! Thanks again for letting me be a part of this Summer Camp!

MudflatMabel
    aka Charlene
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Week Three Challenges for MudflatMabel

Healthy Eating Day - Posted Asparagus Delight under Healthy Recipes

Movie Critic Day - Posted review on "I Love You to Death"

Music Appreciation Day - Did an hour of Aqua Zumba to 'World Music'

Pay it Back Day - Helped a friend to learn a new skill - beading and restringing a broken necklace - gave her the tools she needed to do that and more in the future.

Appreciating Nature Day - This day I just sat outside in our yard while practicing on my banjo. I noticed that I was attracting Robins, so I stopped and just sat and watched all the wildlife. Another Robin sat up on our Dish satellite receiver, an eagle flew up and sat in one of our tallest fir trees, a young deer strolled by, and many other birds were singing the entire time. I do live in paradise!

I have two more challenges to do, but will probably only do the Body toning Day - Arms. I will post that when completed.

I also got in both surprise challenges, 2 points for the standing oblique crunches and 2 points for the leg raises.

I'm not sure if I post today's weight or post it tomorrow. Will be looking for the response to that.

All in all, I had a pretty good week, for just getting started! Thanks again for letting me be a part of this Summer Camp!

MudflatMabel
    aka Charlene

Well done, Charlene!
  • mudflatmabel
    Options
    I did complete the Body Toning Day - Arms. So that's it for my weekly challenges! I missed one of the challenges, so not so bad...

I think that is all I have to post here, for now...
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    I also completed Body Toning Day and Movie Critic Day but unfortunately didn't complete Community Day or Healthy Eating Day (at least not by my standards).
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    WEEK THREE RESULTS ARE IN!

FYI - Cabin averages are based on actual number of campers PARTICIPATING.

Best Week Three Cabin Participation = Cabin 3 with 7 participants.

Best Points Earned Average Per Cabin = Cabin 3 with 28.4 points.

Best Weight Loss Average Per Cabin = Cabin 3 with 1.8 pounds lost.

Best Points Earned for An Individual = SavvyGurl0528 with 33 pts.

Best Individual Weight Loss = Jullessi with 5 pounds lost.

Specific Totals for Cabins below:

Cabin 1 – Bold Fitness Fanatics (BFFs)
    5 actual participants; Avg Pts = 24.4; Avg Wt Chg = -.5
    dmdegrassi 25 pts -.4 lbs
    Jullessi 21 pts -5 lbs
    Pumpitusa 24 pts -0 lbs
    prajnafaux 25 pts -0 lbs
    jacksagod 27 pts +3 lbs
    happysilverpoppy participating?

Cabin 2 – Determined Divas
    5 actual particpants; Avg Pts = 25.6; Avg Wt Chg = +1
    Super_Mama 24 pts -0 lbs